Eddie

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph R 3 Rocket
Hello everyone,

Saturday I purchased an '09 R3 Roadster, and hoping I don't regret it. My wife and I went to a dealership to look at a used Vulcan 1700, which I found to be heavier than I expected(been riding a 1600). My wife spotted the Triumph, knowing I've always admired them, and it was love at first sight. Guess neither of us expected to leave there with it, but the price was right, and my wife needed a new(er) bike anyhow, so now she's got the 1600. LOL
We took about 100 mile ride Sunday and really enjoyed ourselves. Bike rode and handled just fine, although I had to get used to not having a heel shifter or floorboards, and of course, the get-up-and-go! Couldn't resist letting her open up on the back country roads, and my wife didn't even try to keep up. :D
Have run into a small problem which I will post about in another thread.
Finding out that getting aftermarket items is not as easy as for other bikes, but eventually I'll have it customized to my needs. Very glad that there is such a great forum for fellow R3 owners. I'm sure I'll be on here often.

Eddie

WELCOME, Eddie from Washington State, your diagonal neighbor.
I recommend you forget the heel shifter. I believe they are possibly reason for some of the shift detent spring issues.
Great choice on your motor you will be a happy camper and be careful not to leave your spouse too far in the dust. :roll: :p :thumbsup:

Back