New Roadster Owner-North Idaho

IdahoRenegade

.060 Over
Ride
Previously-2012 Rocket Roadster
I picked up a new-to-me (2012 model) roadster today. I had taken it for a test ride last night and sealed the deal today. Funny how perceptions change. I've been into ADV riding for several years now and never had an interest in "cruiser" type bikes. Well, several months ago I picked up a Tiger 800XC. Really like that bike, it's great for exploring the amazing dirt roads we have here in North Idaho. That exposure to Triumph got me interested in the rest of their lineup. The Rocket just drew me in.

Funny thing-when I first got on the Rocket it seemed big and awkward to me. But after a 20 mile test ride it was a lot more comfortable. By the time I rode it the 60 or so miles home from the dealer today it felt very comfortable and controllable, at least on pavement. I have about 3 miles of hard packed gravel to my place-that was a bit interesting, but nothing overwhelming.

Loving this thing so far. The acceleration is seriously impressive and I'm surprised how many people have come up and asked me about the bike already. Wind blast on the highway doesn't seem to effect to any extent. I'm sure I'll miss the Tiger when I get to a area and come across a little dirt road I'd like to explore. but the pavement is a lot more fun on the ROcket (I'm keeping the XC by the way, love that thing and I'm in dual-sport nirvana).

Are there any other riders in the North Idaho or Spokane area? I've seen a couple Tigers around but never a Rocket.

Welcome from Mississippi! I think someone posted a sissy bar today too, in case you hadn't seen it. If the thread's not still up, just go to the classifieds. Pretty sure you mentioned getting one?

I picked up a new-to-me (2012 model) roadster today. I had taken it for a test ride last night and sealed the deal today. Funny how perceptions change. I've been into ADV riding for several years now and never had an interest in "cruiser" type bikes. Well, several months ago I picked up a Tiger 800XC. Really like that bike, it's great for exploring the amazing dirt roads we have here in North Idaho. That exposure to Triumph got me interested in the rest of their lineup. The Rocket just drew me in.

Funny thing-when I first got on the Rocket it seemed big and awkward to me. But after a 20 mile test ride it was a lot more comfortable. By the time I rode it the 60 or so miles home from the dealer today it felt very comfortable and controllable, at least on pavement. I have about 3 miles of hard packed gravel to my place-that was a bit interesting, but nothing overwhelming.

Loving this thing so far. The acceleration is seriously impressive and I'm surprised how many people have come up and asked me about the bike already. Wind blast on the highway doesn't seem to effect to any extent. I'm sure I'll miss the Tiger when I get to a area and come across a little dirt road I'd like to explore. but the pavement is a lot more fun on the ROcket (I'm keeping the XC by the way, love that thing and I'm in dual-sport nirvana).

Are there any other riders in the North Idaho or Spokane area? I've seen a couple Tigers around but never a Rocket.

Welcome I-Da-Ho!!!
Check out the Rocket Owners Northwest (under "Forums" in the "Usergroups section.
BTW - you have the BEST YEAR & MODEL!!!

Hello and welcome from the UK..:).Sure it will not very belong and the Tiger will be a distant memory

I like your idea of keeping the XC and been thinking about riding the Rocket a couple hours to the nearest dealer to test drive one of them buggers. I like the idea of being able to mess around on the country roads that I do not attempt on my Rockets.

Welcome from Illinois

I've seen a couple Tigers around but never a Rocket

That's because you haven't been looking. ;)

Welcome to the site.

I live a little west of Spokane and a coworker with a R3T lives up toward the VA hospital. I have seen a red/black R3T at Westside on days they have their riding course. So they are around.

bob

Back