New ride in the quiver!

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
Hey Folks-Just bought a 1999 Honda Valkyrie, Orange and Black with 10K miles on it. Beetle bags to match the paint, cobra 6 into 6 exhaust, corbin stinger saddle, and a few extra gauges on it. I paid 5K for it and have only seen it in pictures...living in Alaska, the Valk will be my East coast bike taking over duties from the Kawasaki Concours which, though I loved riding it found the "sport" position to be a bit too much "sport" for my 58 yo body...love the way it handles but it really cramps me in the hips and thighs.

I considered trying to fit highway pegs to it but didn't find that process to be readily accomplished and I only (at this time anyway) use my East coast bike about 3 weeks a year. Looking forward to riding the Valkyrie in May and will gladly take any advice from other owners. While all the research I did indicates it certainly wont post the numbers my Roadster does it looks to be plenty of fun! Doug

I am so glad this forum is so easy to use...I just spent a half hour at the Valkyrie Cruisers riders forum and I still cant figure out how to log on and post!

Douglas; There are several Rocket III owners with a Valkyrie keeping it company in the garage. I am in Houston, Texas
0520161154_HDR.jpg 0423161257a_HDR.jpg
Ride on brother. We got to go visit you sometime. We'll pick DaBull up in Seattle and ride up the coast.

Douglas; There are several Rocket III owners with a Valkyrie keeping it company in the garage. I am in Houston, Texas
0520161154_HDR.jpg 0423161257a_HDR.jpg
Ride on brother. We got to go visit you sometime. We'll pick DaBull up in Seattle and ride up the coast.
Thanks 1k9 I have always loved the look of the Valks and love big cruisers in general...I would love to host some Rocket Riders in Alaska some day...not many of us here...I was at first worried that the Honda would have a signature "sewing machine" sound to the motor but after listening to a few youtube vids. of the Valk with the cobra 6 into 6 I was quickly convinced otherwise!! Cant wait for May to fire it up-Doug

Yeaaaah Ill pass the invite on. I know of at least one other member who wants to ride from Key West to Anchorage. We are planning a coastal cruise from Houston to Florida possibly all the way down to Key West. Stay in touch.

I'v never heard a Valkie with Cobras. I'm thinking of cutting the "piggies" off my stock pipes but I like the quiet ride of the Valkie.

Hey Folks-Just bought a 1999 Honda Valkyrie, Orange and Black with 10K miles on it. Beetle bags to match the paint, cobra 6 into 6 exhaust, corbin stinger saddle, and a few extra gauges on it. I paid 5K for it and have only seen it in pictures...living in Alaska, the Valk will be my East coast bike taking over duties from the Kawasaki Concours which, though I loved riding it found the "sport" position to be a bit too much "sport" for my 58 yo body...love the way it handles but it really cramps me in the hips and thighs.

I considered trying to fit highway pegs to it but didn't find that process to be readily accomplished and I only (at this time anyway) use my East coast bike about 3 weeks a year. Looking forward to riding the Valkyrie in May and will gladly take any advice from other owners. While all the research I did indicates it certainly wont post the numbers my Roadster does it looks to be plenty of fun! Doug

Hey Doug,

I had a 2000 Valk and put 75K on before I got the roadster. It is a great bike. Had highway pegs bolted on to the crash bar just in front of the 1st header pipe. Exhaust wise, I cut the piggies off, (3 small pipes coming off the muffler can), and drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the baffles. It sounded just right for my taste, kinda like the TOR's for the Rocket. Any questions, give me a shout...

Back