Preferred rear shocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike188

Living Legend
Ride
Matt Black 2012 R3R
Ok, so I am thinking/finally getting around to changing the rear shocks and front springs.
Front springs are easy, they will be replaced with progressive and 7 weight oil.
Rear shocks? I am leaning towards the Progressive 444 13 inch Heavy Duty.
Opions?
I mainly do solo but Linda (wife) goes pillion fairly often. I am about 115kg (250lb) in my gear and Linda is about 70kg (154lb).
Roads around Adelaide are crap mainly and am sick of the hard thumps the stock shocks send up the spine on occusion.

Got some nearly new wilbers if you want?...640 ts Nightlines...done under 1000kms

20180215_195226.jpg
Looking to sell my Wilbers. I bought them new and have only been on the bike for around 1000kms.
Asking $NZ1600.00 plus postage.Cost me just short of $NZ2000.00. with govt duty and G.S.T.
Preload set at 8mm. Real nice shocks but our roads have alot of earthquake related damage and the spring rate is very firm.
The bike really sits connected to the road with these amazing shocks.

640tsnight.jpg

Ok, so I am thinking/finally getting around to changing the rear shocks and front springs.
Front springs are easy, they will be replaced with progressive and 7 weight oil.
Rear shocks? I am leaning towards the Progressive 444 13 inch Heavy Duty.
Opions?
I mainly do solo but Linda (wife) goes pillion fairly often. I am about 115kg (250lb) in my gear and Linda is about 70kg (154lb).
Roads around Adelaide are crap mainly and am sick of the hard thumps the stock shocks send up the spine on occusion.

I put progressives and 7 grade oil in my 16 Roadster also and with the Wilbers it just changed the whole ride for the better....Which ever way you go you will notice the improvement....i'm thinking long term so spent the coin.

Back