Bruce

Crazy Ol' B***ard!
Ride
R3T 2014
Hi All! Proud new owner of this beautiful '14 R3T, ain't she a beauty? There's a little pitting on the lower front forks, (looks like insect damage possibly), and unfortunately there's a small amount of plastic melted on the exhaust. Any tips for these?

Also, I've only revved her in the garage yet, and she's a little intimidating! Any tips for how to treat her?

All replies answered, great to hear from anyone at all, cheers!!

Attachments

• 20170405_184703.jpg
    20170405_184703.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170405_184616.jpg
    20170405_184616.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170405_184604.jpg
    20170405_184604.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from Florida Bruce.Nice R3T treat the bike with a lot of respect they are torque monsters.Also be wary of where you park.

Welcome from Auss, when you are ready for the other HP hidden inside get it touch but not just yet as I have a broken arm so I am slightly incapacitated

Hi All! Proud new owner of this beautiful '14 R3T, ain't she a beauty? There's a little pitting on the lower front forks, (looks like insect damage possibly), and unfortunately there's a small amount of plastic melted on the exhaust. Any tips for these?

Also, I've only revved her in the garage yet, and she's a little intimidating! Any tips for how to treat her?

All replies answered, great to hear from anyone at all, cheers!!

Own it but haven't ridden it yet??? What's that story Bruce???

Welcome from Oz and nice paint job...:thumbsup:

Welcome from NZ Bruce, things I learnt quickly,
1. Don't park facing downhill with no way of turning round and only the sea in front of you.
2. Careful of the front brake at low speed as grabbing can cause a topple.
3. Don't leave it on too steeper slope on the stand, even in gear it can still roll away.
4. It attracts speeding tickets easily.
5. Best, most hilarious, grin producing boys toy ever.

On your exhaust, once a pillions boot heel melted on it, I then foolishly tried to scrape it off with a knife, this just scratched the chrome, chemicals are the answer I think but not sure which one.

Thanks for the tips! The seller had told me about the parking issues as well. Apparently you can save a fortune in gym membership fees!

The plastic looks like some sort of bag residue maybe, blue as well. I've seen an American site recommending oven cleaners, but I'd be worried about the paint.

Welcome from Florida Bruce.Nice R3T treat the bike with a lot of respect they are torque monsters.Also be wary of where you park.
Thanks mate, she's a beauty alright. Sounds like a Spitfire aircraft! Can't wait to take her out. The seller said she was called "Beastie Girl", but I thought that was a little harsh. Is it bad luck to change the name like it is for boats?!

Back