michaeljohn

Standard Bore
Greeting, a newbe with an '08 R3T.
Hoping for advice / comments about this muscle bike.
Former Valkrie rider............. but will keep it as a back-up bike.
Question, can anyone share with me what's up with the gas gauge issue? ( reading empty with light -on then only taking 3.5 gallons to fill.

welcome and get your reading glasses ready ... there is a lifetime of information stored on this site. Use the search tab and look up anything you have questions about.

Welcome michaeljohn , im also a ex valk rider and now R3T owner. Not going to tell you whats the score on the fuel gauge problem its best to find the information yourself its all here try putting a search for gas gauge and start checking the many posts on this subject and how to fix it. Not been on this forum long myself , but it dont take long to feel right at home. Check out Hellfires posts if you want advice off someone who knows what there talking about.:) regards Hooky

I cant explain to you the mechanics of why the fuel gauge does that, But mine does the exact same thing, I've learned to watch the mileage. And the miles left to go display seems pretty accurate, Ive had mine down to just a couple miles before filling up and I havent ever run out of gas.

Jim

Welcome from Molino, FL and Afghanistan. Enjoy your new ride.

Dennis

45 dtg Dubai
46 dtg Home for good!

By design, the bike will still have fuel even when the "miles to empty" is at zero. I've been told you have approximately 25 miles worth, on average. The light should come on when the "miles to empty" reads around 50 (give or take a few). Thus, you really have around 75 miles (or near 2 gallons) before you run out.

Welcome!!!!!! This site has amazing resources available to handle just about any situation with the Roc!!!! Now the gas gauge has been known for this and I think its by design. Some have modified the bar by tweaking it others just live with it.
I will tell ya though that my R3T consistently flags the light at 40 miles left in the tank. This is about 1/5 the mileage I get from the beast. When I fill up form this I am usually putting in 4.5 to 5 gallons. If oyu can live with it and watch the mileage shouldnt really be an issue, but I hear ya it can be annoying

mutt

...Question, can anyone share with me what's up with the gas gauge issue? ( reading empty with light -on then only taking 3.5 gallons to fill.

It don't work so good!!!;):D

Welcome to the site from NJ , mj.

Enjoy the ride!!!

Back