McLefty617

.020 Over
Just got the backrest, luggage rack and all hardware.

Ordered through my dealer's website on Thursday, received a week later.

Lots 'o pieces... a bit like IKEA.

If this is your first shinny new Triumph accessory (probably not), remember the day and start a running tally of $'s spent on bling.....

..... on second thought, don't. It's a good idea NOT to know how much you spend on the other woman. Keeping records will just get you in trouble with the wife. lol :D

Ha!

Won't be a problem, this is all functional. There won't be any chrome doo-dads replacing parts that already are there...

I would like a top case at some point...

Quirky,

Character Building,

Only Triumph,

I ordered everything I needed to get the passenger backrest, and luggage rack set up.

The sissy bar frame/hardware kit came with no instructions, but instructions about where to get the instruction on line.

The part number on the box came up as "no such part" but another part number in the kit allowed me to download the instructions.

The first page of the instructions told me that the kit required new fender trim pieces which were not included. The need for these was mentioned exactly nowhere that I could find.

Luckily, they are only a finishing cosmetic part, so all is installed and functional.

I love my R3T, but as a lifelong Honda guy, I have to believe the engineers at Honda chuckle a bit at stuff like this or everytime the transmission decides that neutral is on vacation and will return later.

ready to roll a loooong way.

Attachments

• PA030275.jpg
    PA030275.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 130
Oh my....the Rocket !

Quirky, Character Building,

Only Triumph,

I love my R3T, but as a lifelong Honda guy, I have to believe the engineers at Honda chuckle a bit at stuff like this or everytime the transmission decides that neutral is on vacation and will return later.

It's funny you mention the Honda engineers. I'm the same as you. I've been a Honda guy forever. Just added a new 08 VTX1800 for a commuter. Honda is amazing when it comes to the detail and design of the product they put on the street.

But then along comes a machine that becomes more than the sum of its parts. That's the Rocket. There are lots a little annoying problems with the design, there are parts that break every once in a while and it's big and it's bulky but after my first ride, it owned me. I really don't care about the little problems any more. Sure, I wish it was better, but I can't ever see a time where I don't own one. It still can take my breath away when I crack the throttle open on a crisp morning. Sorry, I got carried away.......:cool:

Quirky,

Character Building,

Only Triumph,

I ordered everything I needed to get the passenger backrest, and luggage rack set up.

The sissy bar frame/hardware kit came with no instructions, but instructions about where to get the instruction on line.

The part number on the box came up as "no such part" but another part number in the kit allowed me to download the instructions.
Where did you find the online instructions?

But then along comes a machine that becomes more than the sum of its parts. That's the Rocket. There are lots a little annoying problems with the design, there are parts that break every once in a while and it's big and it's bulky but after my first ride, it owned me. I really don't care about the little problems any more. Sure, I wish it was better, but I can't ever see a time where I don't own one. It still can take my breath away when I crack the throttle open on a crisp morning. Sorry, I got carried away.......:cool:

EXACTLY couldn't have said it better;)

Yep, put the pillion backrest and luggage rack on my R3T in July. My partner loves the security of the backrest, and I can now roll on the the throttle without worrying about losing her off the back. :)

I also put the quick disconnect backrest and luggage rack on my R3T. I knew about the trim pieces from my previous R3 Classic. I just think it is funny how the kit is sold in seperate pieces. Like the chrome trim pieces, the sissy bar pad is aslo sold extra. My dealer did not know all this. I had to educate him when I bought my stuff.

Still think there is no better bike then the R3 (T or Classic). :D

Back