New R3R Review 30NOV2015

I often notice in reviews the bit about the engine jerking the bike to the right while reving in neutral or with the clutch in. I've noticed it myself. However I never notice it when I'm in gear. Is the system designed to counter that force when it's in gear, or is it just that the load from turning the wheel (and everything in between) reduces the force of the spin and anything that's left I automatically compensate for?

I believe this movement is the torque of the in line engine remember there are no motor mounts to flex in .

I often notice in reviews the bit about the engine jerking the bike to the right while reving in neutral or with the clutch in. I've noticed it myself. However I never notice it when I'm in gear. Is the system designed to counter that force when it's in gear, or is it just that the load from turning the wheel (and everything in between) reduces the force of the spin and anything that's left I automatically compensate for?
i believe the shaft spins opposite for a counter balance. I think atleast.

I thought it was something along those lines. It really irks me that reviewers feel the need to point out it jerks while standing around and review it, but fail to note it's gone when they're on the road.

I don't know if there's different restrictions overseas but the figures quoted look like before deristricted. U.K. Top speed I've seen quoted at between 135 & 150 mph with a 0-60 time of 2.1 secs. 'Kin quick either way when piloting.

Back