New R3r difficult shifting into 4th and 5th gear

Robm422

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket iii roadster
So i rode my new r3r to work this morning and the darn thing wouldn't shift into 4th gear, felt like it was hitting something. So i kept trying to shift and finally it went in, but it feels like i have to kind of pull up and out on the shifter to get it to go, same with 5th. I was wearing new boots that are thicker top to bottome than my old ones, has this happened to anyone else? Is there an adjustment for this, or should i take it to the shop??? Help...

What oil are you using? Might be a contributing factor, I use a full synthetic Oil and is no longer cluncky

Not sure I had quite the difficulty you described, but I pulled my actuator off and rotated it one tooth so I didn't have to lift my foot quite so far. Made changes much easier.

I know when mine was new the shifting improved after the first oil change. It seems to take a some km before things loosen up.

I tried riding it in my tennis shoes again and it shifted fine. I think i might have to widen the gap between the shifter and footprg a bit.

Back