New R3 rider - since yesterday!

Xtrnisse

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 GT - 22
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a very recent R3 owner ( the bike, a black R3 GT, got delivered yesterday - just in time to park it for the winter) from Stockholm, Sweden. I most recently drove a Honda VTX 1800 from -03 that i had for about eight years, so it was about time to make a shift as it was starting to acting up electrically every now and then.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on a phone mount (I'll make a post in the correct forum section as well) with built in Qi-charging, that will allow me to mount my phone in landscape mode in between the display and the windscreen? I guess it's a bit of a challenge with the tight fit, and getting the arm all the way from the handlebar to where the mount is...

Anyways... Hello!

/Daniel

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a very recent R3 owner ( the bike, a black R3 GT, got delivered yesterday - just in time to park it for the winter) from Stockholm, Sweden. I most recently drove a Honda VTX 1800 from -03 that i had for about eight years, so it was about time to make a shift as it was starting to acting up electrically every now and then.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on a phone mount (I'll make a post in the correct forum section as well) with built in Qi-charging, that will allow me to mount my phone in landscape mode in between the display and the windscreen? I guess it's a bit of a challenge with the tight fit, and getting the arm all the way from the handlebar to where the mount is...

Anyways... Hello!

/Daniel
Google "Lamonster garage" and see what he offers. He makes a mount that looks good and gets excellent reviews. He's also a member here.

Howdy from North Texas, where the riding season ends in December and starts in February.....

Enjoy your new scoot and the permagrin that comes with it.

Google "Lamonster garage" and see what he offers. He makes a mount that looks good and gets excellent reviews. He's also a member here.
Thanks for the tip! The mounting solution they had looked great! I couldn't find a wireless charger to go with it though...

And i can't really justify paying 190 USD for the mount alone (where shipping is more than the mount), even if it's very nicely milled from aluminium. But the idea looked great...
I'll see if i can draw and 3D-print something similar on my 3D-printer and pair that with a wireless charger from Amazon. I had one on the old Honda that worked like a charm. Hopefully i can manage to get it a bit more snug behind the windshield as well... I'll come back with pictures if i succeed. :)

Last edited:
Welcome from Pittsburgh!
Wireless charging mount:
1) Ram mount
2) Wireless Charger

Ram mounts are very secure and have TONS of options to fit your situation. Then need a thin wireless charger such as the one I linked to above. Use outdoor rated 2 sided tape to secure the wireless puck to the Ram Mount. I have been doing this for years on my bikes. Just make sure that the wireless charger has enough wattage to charge your phone while using GPS. I found after experimentation some wireless chargers did not charge my iPhone XS Max. I would send a pic (I have a couple of different setups/mounts) , but I am on the road.

Back