hvasir

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hello all bought my 2013 R3 Roadster with 5000 miles on it.
Took a 100 mile ride last weekend the bike is amazing. Like my girlfriend described it, the thing just cuts through air.

Have a quick question if any one could answer?

I am trying to reduce the weight of the bike a bit. So first though is to change exhausts with something lighter and a bit louder, any suggestions (nothing too expensive), would like just one on right side.
Should take it down by 60 pounds or so. Any other suggestions?? can you chnage the rear fender with something lighter. I do have pillion seat and back rest which I want to keep, we ride 2 UP.

Looking forward to some good exchanges in this community.

Hello Hvasir and welcome from Virginia. Any new can will save a bunch of weight due to the cats being in each of the OEM cans.

If you are going with a single, you will also need a new collector. There are several out there, but if you are getting new, may I suggest @Paul Bryant at Viking. I just received my full set if duals with new headers. I have 75K miles on mine and some metal cancer that had ti be fixed.

WELCOME! Glad to hear you have a woman that will enjoy your new ride with you. My bride actually picked my girl out (the bike!). Any photos? As for the weight, I'll let others weigh in. The only weight I was able to loose I found in the mirror... :roll: Are you looking for specific handling?
Enjoy that new Permanent Grin :cool:
-MIG

Welcome from Tennessee my advice is ride it a bit after awhile you might get used to it and realize it's only really noticeable at parking lot speed. Plus the factory cans look awesome imo...

Back