Mark Olson

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket R3,
Hey fellow Rocket riders, got a new problem I need some help with. One of my new panniers won't unlock now that I put in my own code to open it. Put the same code into both bags, followed the instructions and both seemed fine. Now my right bag won't open and won't let me reset it to enter a new code to unlock it with.....?? My dealer might be open might not, thought I'd try here first. Still love this bike, getting lots of comments from anyone who sees it. Any thoughts???

No, besides the fact that electronic/digital is always inferior and more trouble prone than mechanical, in my experience. I think it's touted as better because it's cheaper to manufacture.

No, besides the fact that electronic/digital is always inferior and more trouble prone than mechanical, in my experience. I think it's touted as better because it's cheaper to manufacture.
Actually this is a mechanical combination lock. Three discs with 0 thru 9 and a button to push to reset. Should be stone simple!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Allow me the question: what kind of panniers do you have? I only know the ones from THRIUMPH that use the locks deivered with the motorcycle… they do not have numbers...

At the end of the day I think you have to place yourself in front of your bike and try all of the 999 possibilities...

EDIT:

My fault: you talk about locking the Zippers, I talk about locking the bag on the bike.

So I stay with my last hint: you got 999 possibilities, I'm sorry.

The only idea is to work with the tolerances of the lock.

- the opening mechanism is blocked by all three number-wheels
- try to feel, which one of the three wheels is the first important one (it touches the dent of the lock) - you feel it by turning the wheel slightly while having the button under tension. Do this with all three of them to find out the right one.
- turn that Wheel until you feel that it is blocked a little - then you have the first position
- try to find out, which one of the other wheels is the next one and do the same
- and at the end do it with the last one

I have this problem once in a while with my Pilot case - it works quite well...

Last edited:
This will sort it

images.jpg

Just my two cents, try numbers that are close to the code you entered. Sometimes, a finger slip (usually on the outside digits) happens when pressing the set button.

Alternatively, do you know anyone who works for the TSA? They would have a key!

There are some YouTube videos on defeating these locks, it's not hard you just need patience.

Good luck!

Hey fellow Rocket riders, got a new problem I need some help with. One of my new panniers won't unlock now that I put in my own code to open it. Put the same code into both bags, followed the instructions and both seemed fine. Now my right bag won't open and won't let me reset it to enter a new code to unlock it with.....?? My dealer might be open might not, thought I'd try here first. Still love this bike, getting lots of comments from anyone who sees it. Any thoughts???
Hey John: Have you tried the obvious of pushing in on the 'button' on the side and then trying to reset say to all zero's and then start over?
David

Back