technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Hello All,

Well it's been all of 3 days since I picked up my 2007 R3 with 14,000 km on it and already I'm set to change a few things.

Seat - Stock seat is a little less than comfy. Any one have any experience with the Triumph Solo Gel Seat? Is your bum still numb?

Engine Dresser Bars with Highway pegs would be next, followed by some new handlebars and grips?

Thanks.

Technoguppy
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I thought the gel seat was more comfy for short trips than the stock seat, but was even worse for long periods. For me, the harder the better on long trips ... Corbin is VERY hard. Everyone is different though, you really have to try out different things before finding the perfect fit.

Welcome to the site.

My 05 rocket had the gel seat and pillion mounted when I bought her. IMHO the gel seat is the most uncomfortable POS you could put on a Rocket. I haven't even sold the set because I don't want to inflict such an ill conceived product on a fellow Rocket Captain.

We are much happier with the Corbin.

If any one would like to buy a complete gel set (solo seat, pillion, back rest pad) just PM me. Cavet emperor.:eek::eek::eek:

Welcome to the site and Rocket ownership.
Alot of guys take the test ride and are so impressed, they buy one,
then after a few months decide "this ain't for me".
Hope you aren't one of those and stay.
The Rocket can be made into about anything you want,
you just have to decide what you want.
Change is all part of it, I hope you find a seat you like.
BTW, harley bars fit, actually any 1" bars fit.
Welcome aboard from Oklahoma, U.S.S.A.
skip

Thanks for the quick replies.

As for the gel seat, I think I might try modifying the seat from a company called Butt Buffer. Seems to have worked on my wife's seat (but she's thankfully a few pounds lighter than me).

Great tip regarding the 1" bars, that does open up some further options.

I'm in it for the long haul wrt whether or not I'll give up on the R3. The Rocket III is my bike and I will ride it for as long as she'll have me! Pretty much the same as the women in my life!!! :p

Good to have you on the site technoguppy, ditto what skip said, make it like you want cause it will last many a moon with little upkeep. Seats are a personal preference, I broke in my stock seat which works for me. I may look into some other bars. I have 55k on the model, ride it quite a lot. 2up too.;)

Back