New R3 owner here, 2014 roadster with 3508 miles

william 123

Standard Bore
Ride
triumph rocket roadster
Hello all, off and on rider for most of my lifetime. Sold the last one ( 2008 Victory Kingpin ) in 2016, one too many cell phone users pushing me out of my lane ! Test rode an R3 in 2016 and almost brought it home then, found this one for 7999.00 and couldn't resist it. Dealer threw on new set of Marathon's and changed the oil an filter. It's in stock trim, though it does have some very light pitting on chrome and paint in some areas. I think someone left it parked outside for whatever reason and thus the problem with the cosmetics, it is very slight and you have too look closely . Mechanically all I have found two things wrong with it...the back brake squeaks slightly when used. Also for the first time in my adult life I dropped a bike while sitting on it at a complete stop. Threw a leg over, put it in gear and the R3's left footpeg grabbed a hold on my boot cut jeans and in slow motion pulled me to the ground !!! So...... I need a new clutch lever that doesn't look like a genie boot, you know the one that has the deep upward curl to it..Ha..Ha!! No other damage that I can find, got through our first fight and I'm still in love with Her. Have lurked on this forum for the last few years and it's your people's fault I bought this thing and are already looking for parts..Ha !! @ 100 miles and liked every one, looking forward to dressing Her up with the members help. P.S. Thanks in advance for your forum and your future advice.

William

WELCOME to ya, from WA State.
Still hot in Nevada?
Enjoy the ride and the mod adventure!

Hello William 123 and welcome from Virginia. I finally have my 2014 broke in at 57K miles, so you've got a ways to go; get busy brother and ride...

Back