New R3 owner from Sactown

SacR3mento

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3
New R3 owner here. It's a 2005 classic (with bags). Just picked it up last week and have been going through and replacing all the fluids. I have replacement headlight LEDs on order and I'm still deciding which tires I'll be going with (both front and back, front is pretty bald, back not so much). Lastly and most important; which sticker to put on the windshield.

This website has been invaluable for information and the community seems overall a friendly and positive bunch. Hope to see some of you on the roads out there.

Cheers!

Welcome! I live down in the Bay Area, but travel to Sacramento for work. Maybe we could meet up sometime. Good choice in a motorcycle!

Welcome from sunny Florida, enjoy the bike I have two Rockets one being a 2005 I bought new in 2005, now you say it is a classic post a picture if you can as the classic did not come out till 2006:eek:
easy to tell the difference
Classic came with floorboards
had different shaped silencers
has more pull back handlebars
a modified seat

As the great Peter Fonda would say lose the windshield:roll:

Welcome from New Zealand.

On tyres Ive gone Metzler on front but slightly narrower than stock, and Bridgestone on back which is lasting heaps longer than the stock Metzler and is cheaper seems to stick just as well.

Welcome from Indiana on the Banks of the Wabash. Congratz on your rocket. Have not had a chance to change tires yet myself, but on my other bike I have Avons and love them. Watch the tire pressure close no matter what you get. The Rocket is a heavy girl.

Back