Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
I'm a proud new R3 member and just wanted to say hello from Western North Carolina (USA) and thanks for the wealth of information I've been gathering from ya'll (translation- "yuz guys"). I started riding again about seven years ago with a Bonneville and have been playing Goldilocks up until now, going from the Bonnie to a 900 Trophy, Speed Triple, BMW R1200RT, then to an '06 Rocket 3. At 5'6" 155 lbs I got the Rocket on a lark, thinking it would seem stupid ridiculous for someone my size, but I just wanted to see if I could handle the monster. Well, I was immediately hooked, riding around with a sh#t eating grin and wondered why the hell everyone isn't riding one of these beasts? Two weeks later, I found my true love, a 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster that I have sworn to my wife will be the very last bike I purchase (ahem).

I ride about 340 days/year and try to take several cross country trips every year, whenever I get a chance. We're blessed in my neck of the woods to have some of the finest twisty mountain roads that you'll find anywhere. The Dragon is just down the road, but there are many many roads just as good that the locals can share with you. I'm just outside of Asheville (proud moto- "a cesspool of sin") that has a micro brewery, it seems, on nearly every corner. We've been named beer city #2 but we're working hard to pull ourselves out of the mud. Come see us!

P.S. I've read that there used to be an annual R3 gathering near here at Maggie Valley (NC). Is that still going on, or are there other meetups held in the states?

Last edited:
Welcome from East Tennessee.
I don't think we are going to do Maggie Valley in the spring I think it will be around Crossville ,Cookeville area. We haven't locked a location yet. But stay in the forum as it will surely be posted as soon as we do.

Steel- Thanks for the invite. I wish I could make it down then, but have too much going on at that time to get away. Hey man, I know Cut Off, LA. I grew up running the streets of Baton Rouge and worked for two years as a photojournalist at The Houma Daily Courier. Depending on your age, we may have crossed paths at some point. Look me up if you get up this way.

Update- I know for most of you this will bring on a yawn, but I just installed TORs today and a new tune and kinda bust'n. I was hoping for a noticeable difference, but man she really goes now and sounds much more "present." It's obvious now just how limiting those secondaries were. Now she's been de-neutered! Can't wait to ride tomorrow.....

Steel- Thanks for the invite. I wish I could make it down then, but have too much going on at that time to get away. Hey man, I know Cut Off, LA. I grew up running the streets of Baton Rouge and worked for two years as a photojournalist at The Houma Daily Courier. Depending on your age, we may have crossed paths at some point. Look me up if you get up this way.

Update- I know for most of you this will bring on a yawn, but I just installed TORs today and a new tune and kinda bust'n. I was hoping for a noticeable difference, but man she really goes now and sounds much more "present." It's obvious now just how limiting those secondaries were. Now she's been de-neutered! Can't wait to ride tomorrow.....
I'll be 51 next month. If I'm off work, I'll be going ride out that way whenever the group decides when and where we are going out there.

Back