New parts installed

CamaroCarl

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Ride
2018 rocket3 roadster
Well I think I'm done for now. Removed the stock intake and filter, installed triple k and n's. Removed exhaust and installed new(to me) header and mufflers. Relocated overflow tank to underseat. Installed tuneecu app on my tablet. Got cable, connected to bike and read, saved current map. Downloaded clavigers map for 2014 roadster with CES and ramair. Reflashed ecu, started bike let it run. Installed new seat and backrest. Took it for a ride today, idles good, pulls hard, sounds good. Intake clatter worried me a little and heat off the header, but I think it's good. Really happy with the results (but I probably voided my warranty). IMAG0422.jpg IMAG0421.jpg IMAG0420.jpg IMAG0419.jpg

I have a pile of heat shields from Harley's I used to own. Thinking about some custom heat shields. IMAG0425.jpg

Yep, that is my old header, cans, and seat. Hope you enjoy them. I sure did until i traded the R3R in

Really impressed with the Corbin seat. It is quite heavy and a lot firmer than stock, but feels way more comfortable.

I have a pile of heat shields from Harley's I used to own. Thinking about some custom heat shields. IMAG0425.jpg

The correct tune is critical to heat/power.
Of coarse if you spend a lot of time in stop/go Traffic, then any system will get hot under those conditions, but will be fine once you are moving again and have some air flow happening.

Yep, on the highway it feels fine, no more heat than stock. Stoplight to stoplight feel a little heat. Was really worried about the tune, first time using tune ecu, but it runs really good, not really any decel pop.

Don't want to spoil the look, they look great. Just want to complement them, dress them up a bit with some chrome. Or perhaps get them recoated in black( not sure if gray is the best color for my bike).

Back