New paint job.. Plain gloss black or something different..?

El Bruto

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 2005/6 modifed!!!!
As some of you may know I nearly wrote my bike off just over a year ago...
After many trials and tribulations its been back on the road and off again for a couple of reasons...
The guys that rebuilt it for me painted the tins and tank in satin black, but its been a bit of a nightmare maintaining it as its not very hard wearing...

Well while the beast is in pieces again waiting for the engine upgrade parts to arrive I have cleaned every square inch of it... and I was sat there looking at it and made a snap decision to strip all the tins off it and sand them down for another paint job... So.. all flatted and ready to go to paint shop... Question is do I just go for a straight gloss black, or something with a bit of bling..... Considering ive gone down the route of making the bike 100% Badass I'm leaning towards a straight gloss black... I know that's not as Badass as satin black, but that's just not feasible.. too much work to keep it looking right.

Picture below is how it came back to me in satin...

20160310_171116.jpg black rocket2.jpg

OH......My

That has to be Next to the Ugliest Rocket I have ever seen.............:eek:

The worst one was from some where in Oklahoma. The Bike had a name........ BLCKIE:oops:

I tried for 3 days and nights to steal that bike..............Almost made it once:rolleyes:

Now.....EASTEX.................where did you say you kept the spare key.......:p:p:p

Very Nice....That paint looks 2 inches deep......Just awesome

I changed mine from red to black - I like gloss because I like different from everyone else (why I got a Triumph, not a H/D) & most everything is going matte black (flat) now.......... Add some "panache"

That's nice. The guy I bought mine from did something pretty unusual. I say go for something flashy.

Flames.JPG

That's nice. The guy I bought mine from did something pretty unusual. I say go for something flashy.

Flames.JPG

Yeah, sweet. Those are ghost flames - Painted yellow base then sprayed gold pearl in the clearcoat that was masked for the flame pattern - Then straight clearcoat over that ;)

I think your unique Rocket screams for a bright color like base yellow with perhaps some tribal design added in.
Just my 2 cents . . .

Been looking at rocket pics all night... I'm not one for the bling bling anymore.. so I'm going for gloss black..

I am just a plain Jane type of person...

I got the Ugly Plain Gray 2005 Rocket but had this idea about some electrical tape and clear spray can paint.

I guess that is why I have the overwhelming need to swap / steal 1 or 2 maybe 40 or so Rockets in the last 11 years. You will not believe just how some of these guys look over their Rockets. Just like a dang Old Setting hen looking after a bunch of biddies.

Attachments

• Rocket 123 002.JPG
    Rocket 123 002.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Rocket 123 004.JPG
    Rocket 123 004.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 4
  • Rocket 123 007.JPG
    Rocket 123 007.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 4
I am just a plain Jane type of person...
I got the Ugly Plain Gray 2005 Rocket but had this idea about some electrical tape and clear spray can paint.
I guess that is why I have the overwhelming need to swap / steal 1 or 2 maybe 40 or so Rockets in the last 11 years. You will not believe just how some of these guys look over their Rockets. Just like a dang Old Setting hen looking after a bunch of biddies.

Awesome looking, Joey!
Sell me your tin . . . :eek: :roll:
That there is the "tribal" I was thinking of in my earlier post.
Is this custom or factory paint?

Sounds like he said: "but had this idea about some electrical tape and clear spray can paint".
Uh, if he's saying he did that tribal with electrical tape and clear spray can paint, he needs to back off the pain killerz o_O
Tha tribal's are obviously stenciled & painted on ;)............................

I know, I know - He's kiddin :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back