Welcome from uncomfortably warm and muggy North Texas! I know side cars have a LOT of hardware to attach them to a motorcycle securely, other than that you're on your own....

Welcome from Texas, I have a 2011 R3 roadster with a sidecar/sidecamper set up. Have made lots of mods and changes to get it right, PLUS with the helpful advice and direction from the great guys on this site, have sorted out the little R3 quirks.

What are your questions?

Welcome from Texas, I have a 2011 R3 roadster with a sidecar/sidecamper set up. Have made lots of mods and changes to get it right, PLUS with the helpful advice and direction from the great guys on this site, have sorted out the little R3 quirks.

What are your questions?
The first question is how do I locate the wire for the turn signals? The PO disconnected the right signal and instead uses the side car turn signal. I want to restore the factory one.
Here are two photos of the side car. I was wondering if the steering stabilizer is in the right position and whether the attachment to the bike is correct. Hope this works.
One last question where can I find turn signal lens replacements?

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 8
The first question is how do I locate the wire for the turn signals? The PO disconnected the right signal and instead uses the side car turn signal. I want to restore the factory one.
Here are two photos of the side car. I was wondering if the steering stabilizer is in the right position and whether the attachment to the bike is correct. Hope this works.
Forgot one photo:

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
The first question is how do I locate the wire for the turn signals?
Am on the road and my service manual with the electrical diagram is backing Texas. Will be there in a week. If I I can, I'll send you the diagram.
I was wondering if the steering stabilizer is in the right position and whether the attachment to the bike is correct. Hope this works.
Likes like a VW steering damper, The mount on the fat end should be in a straight line with the damper. As it is it will tend to twist around the mount.
Have any steering mods been made? i.e. custom triple trees. Sidecar rigs and trikes like a reduced trail on the front. Makes for easier steering.
Post a Wanted in the Classified here. I sold mine but they were yellow. Not sure if yours are OEM or aftermarket.

The Roadster and the Touring models are not exactly the same, a Touring owner might answer some these questions for you.

Back