New owner of a 2020 Rocket 3 R

jmillington

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 R
Hi, I'm a proud new owner of a 2020 Rocket 3 R that I purchased a couple of days ago, on Sept 6, 2022.
I'm an older rider that lives in Orangevale, CA (Sacramento area), and have been riding motorcycles all my life, starting with a little Honda 160, years ago.

I currently have several motorcycles, including a 2017 Tiger 800 XCx and a 2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE.

Here's a picture of the Rocket that I purchased, and below that is a picture of the rear wheel that shows the TPMS stem and the special tool which looks like it's used to remove the TPMS cap to check/fill the tire with air, I think.

My first questions is (I've searched and can't seem to find the answer), am I correct that this special tool is used to remove the TPMS cap?
In any case, how do I check/fill the tires with air?

Thanks in advance!
Jim M

20220906_151255.jpg

20220908_164601.jpg

Attachments

• 20220906_151255.jpg
    20220906_151255.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 9
Mine does not have a cap like that. I just fill like every other tire.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family.... and ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
Define older? Have you looked around this place?? :whitstling::sneaky::rolleyes: HEH! Well here's hoping at 55, you make me feel young... :roll::cool:
-MIG

Welcome from arizona
I run the fobo and they are really good
The site may be down i haven't tried it in a couple of days
I think u have to register them do u have directions?
Hth

Last edited:
Welcome from arizona
I run the fobo and they are really good
The site may be down i haven't tried it in a couple of days
I think u have to register them do u have directions?
Hth
Thanks @TURBO200R4! It looks like I need permission to use the Fobos from the registered owner, and since this Rocket was traded in at a Harley Davidson dealership where I purchased it, I don't know who that person is. I'll probably just buy a new set of Fobos.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family.... and ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
Define older? Have you looked around this place?? :whitstling::sneaky::rolleyes: HEH! Well here's hoping at 55, you make me feel young... :roll::cool:
-MIG
Thanks @MIG! Well you are young, I'm 68 but in very good health and still ride most weekends. I ride with 4 different groups and still love going on rides!
And I am sporting a grin - I started grinning when I took the Rocket for a test ride, and I'm sure I'll have an even bigger grin when I go for a ride this weekend. :D

Back