New Owner Los Angeles area

Phil Barnett

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Greetings from Los Angeles. I picked up my first Triumph last week. It's a beautiful 2008 two tone blue Touring R3 and boy am I loving it. I have been a Yamaha Roadstar rider for the last 14 years and needed a bit of a change. The R3 is amazing and so far so good. I do have a question or two though. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on which pullback risers work best without having to change the cables. Also I am hoping its normal for the tranny to sound out a pronounced clunk when shifting? I am really hoping that this thing is as trouble free as my Roadstar has been. Man is this thing fast!!!
Thanks for having me here!
Phil

Greetings from Los Angeles. I picked up my first Triumph last week. It's a beautiful 2008 two tone blue Touring R3 and boy am I loving it. I have been a Yamaha Roadstar rider for the last 14 years and needed a bit of a change. The R3 is amazing and so far so good. I do have a question or two though. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on which pullback risers work best without having to change the cables. Also I am hoping its normal for the tranny to sound out a pronounced clunk when shifting? I am really hoping that this thing is as trouble free as my Roadstar has been. Man is this thing fast!!!
Thanks for having me here!
Phil
Thanks for the welcome...... hoping to find some R3 owners in the Los Angeles area that can show me the in's and out's of this beast!

Welcome from Mississippi! Sorry about the LA part ;)
The trans has a pretty audible shift, just as long as it's not popping in and out on you, you should be good. How many miles did your 08 have?
As for the risers, I'm pretty sure everyone I've heard of went with the Rivco (1-1.5 I think??), but I do know there are differences with the touring model regarding tank lifting and I think (someone will correct me soon) they changed from tourer to touring in the middle of 08. You'll know which one you have based on tank and rear tire width. The tourer was just a modified classic, the touring changed the rear wheel and final drive (along with other things. If you runs a thread search on risers you should find plenty of info.

Thanks for the welcome...... hoping to find some R3 owners in the Los Angeles area that can show me the in's and out's of this beast!

Im here in the City of Angels and have a 2011 R3R that has most of the popular mods, and I am fairly familiar with what can and can not be done to a R3... Want to go for a ride up to Newcombs tomorrow?

S/F

B

Im here in the City of Angels and have a 2011 R3R that has most of the popular mods, and I am fairly familiar with what can and can not be done to a R3... Want to go for a ride up to Newcombs tomorrow?

S/F

B
I would love to but already have a date with my Grandaughter at the skatepark. lol Please keep me in mind for any future rides on the weekends!

WELCOME from WA State.
You have arrived at the correct place for all things Rocket!
Maybe consider adding your year and model bike and your location under your avatar.

Hello Phil and welcome from VA. I wa stationed down at Coronado about 15 years ago, I love riding up to Palamar and throughout all the hills SOCAL have to offer. Enjoy your new ride.

Back