dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I had a 2005 R3 for 8 years, then I retired from motorcycling (at 65). After 4 months, I got a 2012 T-Bird. After installing a Big Bore kit, I broke my foot and was out of commission for 8 months. I sold the T-Bird in 2014 and retired again. Then I got Rocket fever and checked into getting a new Roadster but with the old rails and foot controls. The dealer hasn't got back to me about that. There may be an issue with the brakes and warranty. Now I'm checking out a 2005 R3 with Jardines, new transmission, clutch and rear tire. Very, very reasonable price.

Breaks the chains and buy the 05. Then come back to the forum between blasts and harass us like the old days. :)

I've tired that retirement several times it doesn't work. There is something in the blood once you get that motor between the legs its all over that feeling never goes away. Like the other guys said just do it. Al

I'm going for it. Waiting for some pictures. There are no chains involved. My only concern is that the second owner broke the transmission twice and I want to make sure he didn't also mess up the engine.

As you say, it's in the blood.
Re broken transmission maybe he didn't relise how to use the clutch? How many miles has it done. Worth thinking you only get what you pay for? If that's all your budget then good luck but with the history not so sure might be worth trying to find something different at that price or newer if you have the budget.

Back