Manic_Mechanic

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket
Haven't contributed anything lately so here we go.
Read a thread here some time ago about the headlight/ignition switch issue so I ordered the kit from eastern beaver and while I was at it I got the harness for the horn since I had switched over to fiamm air horns over a year ago and toasted my horn button. Well the box of harness was sitting unopened for the last 3 months and I finally got around to the install last Monday. It went so well that after making sure the lights and horns worked (with a new beefier compressor)I figured I might as well take care of a few more back burner projects that I had been putting off. The bear claw was still laying on the floor so I removed the coolant expansion tank and moved it to where the air filter USED to be before the k&n's were added. Now I had room to experiment with re-locating the horn compressor under the bear claw. After an hour and a bracket that spanned the two bolt holes that were previously used by the expansion tank I had a suitable mock up. Tried it with the b/c and after a few minor adjustments I was happy. LOUD HORNS and BRIGHTER LIGHTS.
The only thing left was a good cleaning and re-oiling of the k&n's. It is now officially spring.

I did not know that you could buy a relay kit for the headlamps. After reading the wirering diagrams I made my own kit and omega had to cur one wire on the factory harness.
And thanks for the idea of moving the coolant overflow tank to under the seat. Ill like not seeing that tank.
I do have a question. I'm looking to flush the cooling system. I work at a Dodge dealership in western Kansas. And after having a team of parts Guy try and find blue coolant for an entire afternoon they had no success. I was told that I could convert from blue to red coolant. Is that true? Thanks for the help.

Going by the specs.
An all season type of anti-freeze is installed in the cooling system when the bike leaves the factory, it is coloured blue, contains a 50% solution of ethylene glycol and has a freezing point of -35c.
The coolant contains a corrosian inhibitor.
Never use a methanol based anti-freeze as this does not contain the required corrosion inhibition properties.
I do not know if each company has its own colour but any anti-freeze meeting the above specs should be fine be it purple,pink,green or tartan.

Forgot I was going to post pics.

Attachments

• evo 124.jpg
    evo 124.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 228
  • evo 125.jpg
    evo 125.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 212
  • evo 126.jpg
    evo 126.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 220
Back