New Mexico to California Roadtrip

MiniSuperDuke

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket
Flying out to Albuquerque, NM this Sunday and riding home to Sacramento, California on my new Roadster. Yeah buddy, I'm looking forward to getting the bike and the ride at least the first half of it. The last half is pretty flat and boring, but the weather should be good anyway.

Anybody have a route to recommend and/or a good website for motorcycle road-trip planning.

welcome to the site. hope you have a good trip. i did about 900 miles when i bought mine. when you pass be careful i was doing 110 mph when i pulled back in. there is a lot of info on this site if you should need it.
good luck herman

Even flat straight roads are enjoyable on a Rocket. Have a look at a map of Australia .. Darwin to Adelaide .. now that's a straight road and i loved riding it ... enjoy yourself ;)

New Mexico and Arizona are both beautiful riding states. A little warm in the summer but still beautiful.

I bought my Rocket on eat-me-bay. It was in El Paso Texas. Flew down an rode it back to Michigan. :p

I'm about an hour from you in Antioch, lets meet up for a cold one, one of these days......

Welcome to the family!!
Over here in Germany there are many websites (bestbikingroads, motorcycleroads, etc) and I'm sure there are some for the states as well. I usually look up any great routes in the general area I'm traveling, then add them into google map's route for my trip and download to the navi. Or if I'm really lazy, I'll just set the Navi to Motorcycle Scenic (yes, I love the fact it has that option!!) and ride off.
I'm sure you'll find the Rocket's so enjoyable to ride, you'd even be smiling if you were in a parking lot :D

Update: Thanks for all the input from many of you. All went well. Drove to Arizona with the wife to pick up our son from college. The next day they drove home to Sacramento and I flew from AZ to New Mexico to pick up the bike. Ordered a charging port (with the advice of another member) and had it delivered to the sellers house so it was waiting for me when I got there. It was plug and play for the most part and worked out really well. Nice to have a phone for a long ride. I also purchased a bluetooth for some tunes, which was ok. Fit ok in my helmet at first and really bugged by the last day, I pulled it out by then. Will either use with another helmet or sell. I love listening to music, but I also like to just get hypnotized my the humm inside a helmet.

Anyway, first day I rode to Flagstaff AZ for the night. Good ride that day. Hit a bit of mild rain in NM but it was a short spurt and not enought to even get wet. Motel 6 for the night got the job done and headed out in the am. Beauthiful weather in the morning which grew warmer throughout the day. By the time I hit Needles, AZ, it was nearing 110 degrees....miserable, and I was wearing gloves, full face helmet, and a vented jacked. I did take my gloves off for a few hours that day and of course, by days end the only sunburn I had was from my fingers to my wrist. Prett funny, I saw a bunch of other riders wearing basically nothing and they were fried. Made it to Bakersfield, CA by end of day and the next days ride was about half a day to home.

Picked up the bike (2011 model) with less that 900 miles and had almost 2000 miles on it by the time I got home. Never bought a bike like that before, all in all had a blast.

Back