swm

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket iii
Good day all. Just (well 3 months ago) picked up an 06 Rocket iii, with only 10,000 miles. She now resides to my 07 Triumph America, that has been highly modded, that has taken me all over the western US, and turned into a keeper for life. Much like I expect my new addition to be as well. Still in the getting to know her phase with the Rocket but the mods have begun. I like the 3-1-2 exhaust, so I have done a cat delete and found new old stock Tors which have been installed. I have grown accustomed to the forward control setup so I have swapped for FC-17 from refined cycle, for a more agreeable position, as I go back and forth between both bikes. I have yet to install the Ramair and know I will need to re-map and will need a an OBDII cable. I'm sure it has been asked is there a go to cable, that anyone would suggest. Eventually I will have her dyno tuned but as for now will probably run with a tune from Tuneecu. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• rocketiii.jpg
    rocketiii.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello @swm and welcome from Virginia.
It looks like your bike already has pods based on that picture. Are you sure you want to switch to Ramair?

I ordered this cable TUNE ECU KKL INTERFACE CABLE LEAD FOR TRIUMPH & MORE MOTORCYCLES - Lonelec
Lonelec makes the correct cable for our Rockets
Those aren't pods, that is the prepwork for the ramair. I cut the holes in the bearclaw, cut and fabricated the punched aluminum inserts to allow the ramair to breathe properly. Something completely different. Kinda the way I go :)

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum from Miami, FL... I purchased my Lonelec cable so long ago I don't remember from where... just do a quick forum search. Fine looking beast you have there... :cool: :thumbsup:
-MIG

Last edited:
Back