metalman

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic Trike
Hi people,this is going to make my day if i can get some feed back on this,When i start of on my rocket all is fine,after about twenty odd miles,doesn't matter if gentle or giving it curry,the bike starts to have an intermittent firing pattern then give it some throttle and it passes only to keep coming back.The longer you ride the worse it gets.Stop for a while and it goes ok for a few miles then comes back again.Each time i have took the machine into the Triumph dealer they plug it in and give it back saying its fine,i can only assume that this is because it is still cold when they are testing it.Any info welcome!!

Hello Metalman and welcome from Virginia. In the past on other machines, I have experienced similar issues. On one it was a fuel problem associated with the carburetors being dirty. I'm not sure if our injectors would ever have a heat related cleaning issue or not, but maybe using some fuel cleaner for a few tanks may help; it won't hurt in any case.
On another bike, it was due to wires needing replaced. Once heated, they did not conduct electricity as they should. Through the years, I have oftentimes not had a garage to keep my bikes, plus I ride in all sorts of weather thus they tend to stay dirtier and exposed more than most. This has caused many electrical issues and I have seem them on my R3T as well. Not getting enough voltage for whatever reason may cause the engine to miss. Even dirty plugs can work well one moment and not in the next.
Good luck and I'm sure others will chime in with better ideas.

Welcome mate from a rainy Dartmoor !
As mentioned above , check also your battery terminals are tight and well greased with a proper electrical grease ! :thumbsup:

just a thought
if it only runs bad after a while then it might be a fuel filter plugging up problem.
fuel filter is in the tank.
not getting enough fuel will lean it out and sometimes back fire through the throttles.

Howdy from Alberta Canada, welcome to the best forum on the web! I hope someone can get your problem figured out, but with the wealth of knowledge on this site I'm sure it will happen.

Howdy metalman! welcome from East Texas :D
WTH is wrong with our dealerships?!!!!
Like they said, crimp leads n check terminals, dielectric grease, and with the older silver engine, probably fuel filter :(

Back