New Member (Project Builder)

scootz

.020 Over
Hi guys and gals,

Just registered as I have sooooo many questions to ask you about the Rockets drivetrain.

I don't actually have a bike... I just have an engine! I intend bolting it onto the back of my Dallara Formula 3 single-seater race car carbon tub together with a swing arm and creating a 'reverse-trike' (2 wheels at the front and one at the rear).

The end result should hopefully look something like this..

It was originally going to be built with an Aprilia RSV-R engine, and then a BMW HP2 Sport one... and then I had a chat to the Tech Dept at Triumph and found out that the bare Rocket engine only weighs 82kg (about the same as a Hayabusa), and my plans changed (again!).

Right... I'm off to find out where to post my 'how' and 'why' questions! ;)

Look forward to chatting with you.

Scotty

I like it,,,,,,,,,

don't actually have a bike... I just have an engine! I intend bolting it onto the back of my Dallara Formula 3 single-seater race car carbon tub together with a swing arm and creating a 'reverse-trike' (2 wheels at the front and one at the rear).

The end result should hopefully look something like this..

Looks to be something like a high-performance Can-Am,,,,,,but sit down instead of ride on like the Can-Am.
Good Luck and keep us posted!

Looks like it could be quite a weapon and probaly go like a cut cat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

First welcome to the site and that does look bad @$$ hope you keep everyone up to date on it

Looks homemade. I'm all about homemade! Keep us posted on the progress. If you are looking to get all you can out of that motor there are plenty of guys here to help you out. They have been a big blessing to me personally. Welcome to the site!:cool:

Welcome to the forum. As you can see we have inquiring minds all over the place...

Very (very) few on here own complete Rockets ie how they come out of factory. Some have kept more bits than others but you're not entirely different to any of us. Welcome and have fun.

Back