New Member, Diference of TUNE ECU-TUNEBOY-DYNOJET?

tekardi

.060 Over
Diference of TUNE ECU-TUNEBOY-DYNOJET?

First of all thank you very much to everybody that post their knowledge here, as a new member would like anybody to explain diferences between this features and their uses ......why I sould buy one or not , and wich is the final reasong of using this sources forour bike, thank you for your cooperation

tekardi

Rocket III 07 Classic

Thank you Rob O, I will copy and paste this information in order to increase information in the forum, if anybody have more info will be apreciated, thank you!

Triumph's have used fuel injection systems since 1998, which are controlled by software updateable Sagem or Keihin ECU's. The OEM maps loaded into the models at the point of sale are a compromise between performance, petrol consumption and emissions restrictions. Therefore, there is usually scope for improvement over the standard map, either through sacrificing petrol consumption, emissions or both.
The are two main methods of altering fuelling and ignition mapping. The first method is through a piggy back system which uses a secondary ECU to alter the output of the bike's ECU. The market leader in this method is the Link Removed. The second method is to alter the fueling and ignition tables in the bike's ECU using a tool such as Link Removed or Link Removed.
<-- Browse the available maps for differing configurations by selecting your model type on the left.
Power Commander

Power Commanders are developed by Link Removed and offer the ability to alter the bike's fueling table. The PCIII is a relatively limited tool where by it understands throttle position and current RPM and makes adjustments based upon a simple grid. However, the ECU makes decisions based on a larger number of parameters, so whilst the adjustment made by the PCIII may in the right direction it may not be accurate in all environments. Some of these issues have been addressed in the PCV, which is the latest incarnation.
TuneBoy

The TuneBoy project was the first tool on the market to enable tuners to alter the parameters of the ECU, developed by Link Removed. The tool is split into two components: TuneBoy and TuneEdit. The TuneBoy component is a diagnostics component enabling users to read the current operating values of the ECU and error codes. The TuneEdit component enables tuners to alter most of the parameters in the ECU including: fueling per cylinder, ignition per cylinder, RPM limits and more.
TuneECU

Link Removed is the latest tool on the market, and is a freeware offering. It offers most of the features of TuneEdit, but does not cover all the models available in the Triumph range. Even though the software is offered free, users need to purchase a cable to connect the PC to the bike. Cables are in the region of £10/$15/€15 and can be bought from: Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed.

Triumph's have used fuel injection systems since 1998, which are controlled by software updateable Sagem or Keihin ECU's. The OEM maps loaded into the models at the point of sale are a compromise between performance, petrol consumption and emissions restrictions. Therefore, there is usually scope for improvement over the standard map, either through sacrificing petrol consumption, emissions or both.
The are two main methods of altering fuelling and ignition mapping. The first method is through a piggy back system which uses a secondary ECU to alter the output of the bike's ECU. The market leader in this method is the Link Removed. The second method is to alter the fueling and ignition tables in the bike's ECU using a tool such as Link Removed or Link Removed.
<-- Browse the available maps for differing configurations by selecting your model type on the left.
Power Commander

Power Commanders are developed by Link Removed and offer the ability to alter the bike's fueling table. The PCIII is a relatively limited tool where by it understands throttle position and current RPM and makes adjustments based upon a simple grid. However, the ECU makes decisions based on a larger number of parameters, so whilst the adjustment made by the PCIII may in the right direction it may not be accurate in all environments. Some of these issues have been addressed in the PCV, which is the latest incarnation.
TuneBoy

The TuneBoy project was the first tool on the market to enable tuners to alter the parameters of the ECU, developed by Link Removed. The tool is split into two components: TuneBoy and TuneEdit. The TuneBoy component is a diagnostics component enabling users to read the current operating values of the ECU and error codes. The TuneEdit component enables tuners to alter most of the parameters in the ECU including: fueling per cylinder, ignition per cylinder, RPM limits and more.
TuneECU

Link Removed is the latest tool on the market, and is a freeware offering. It offers most of the features of TuneEdit, but does not cover all the models available in the Triumph range. Even though the software is offered free, users need to purchase a cable to connect the PC to the bike. Cables are in the region of £10/$15/€15 and can be bought from: Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed.

Forgot the Dobeck EFI controller.
Created by the guy that invented the PC 3 and sold it to Dynojet.
It's comparable to the PC 5 from what I can tell.
No computer to hook to,
just a credit card sized controller you can adjust on the fly,
if you want to increase or decrease your fuel,
in one of several modes.
Idle, cruise, WOT, etc....
JM2CW,
skip

Welcome to the site from a former owner of a 2007 Rocket III Classic. Good luck on the mods to make it go faster, since I had a red/black one it was fast enough, however there are a lot of members on here who have the black ones and they are constantly trying to get them to go faster to catch up to those of us who bought the faster combo (red or red/black) right from the start.

Again have fun.

Dennis

31 dtg Dubai
32 dtg London

85 dtg Dubai
86 dtg Home (picking up new 2010 Phantom Red Haze 1700 Thunderbird and ordering new 2011 R3T)

It's what I do...and I do it well.

Dennis

31 dtg Dubai
32 dtg London

85 dtg Dubai
86 dtg Home (picking up new 2010 Phantom Red Haze 1700 Thunderbird and ordering new 2011 R3T)

there is almost too mutch info on this and other sites about the products for efi manipulation
take your time and read up, make your own mind up about your senario

btw
hombre has a cut down red tank
the black must have scared him too mutch ;)

Since Hombre's bike is one of the fastest here on the board I can see why he didn't bother going with black...why slow yourself down:D.

Dennis

30 dtg Dubai
31 dtg London

84 dtg Dubai
85 dtg Home (picking up new 2010 Phantom Red Haze 1700 Thunderbird and ordering new 2011 R3T)

MInes is BLACK / TAN it is suposed to run as RED/Black jajajaj :confused: ...... I m thinking going with the DOBECK ans Service manual by the moment in order not to confuse me much more! Here down in Argentina we do not have much information and service options preferable a do it yourself service , my bike has only 4800 miles but I wanted to start
mods , and till this year Triumph did not have ANY local distributor and service :eek: ( ONLY ONE NOW) so till today I need to purchase everything fron USA and send it back down here! I wil order the USB cable either to start basic and baby steps! thank you all

Back