New LED Spot Lights F4 Hyper

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Good day all;
A couple of days ago I ordered a set of auxiliary lights for my R3R. Here are the specs;

F4 Hyper

Features
• 100% optically clear PMMA LEXAN lens • Instant on/off, no warm-up
• Operating Temp: -40 ~ + 145 deg. • Oversize heat sink
• Low power consumption, Over/Under Voltage protection
• IP69K Waterproof Rating and E-Mark• Military GORE standard Breather
• Unique Durable Mar/UV resistant painting technology on cast aluminum housing
• Sealed waterproof Quick Disconnect Deutsch connectors
• Military standard GJB 150 & US MIL810-STD,
High Temperature,Low Temperature,Temperature Shock,UV,Humidity,Salt Fog,Sand and Dust,Vibration,Altitude
• CE & RoHS Compliant & E-Mark certification

Specifications
* 10 degree SPOT pattern OR 40 degree FLOOD pattern
* 40W per pod
* 1.5A draw
* 3300 Lumen per pod ( 6600 per pair )
* Beam Distance: 585M for FLOOD
* Beam Distance: 780M for SPOT

I paid $250 for the set which includes the wiring harness.

I should have them early next week and as soon as I get them installed I'll shoot out a couple of pics. These are pretty powerful lights for the price. Like most I was not very happy with the stock headlamps so the first thing I did was change the H4 bulbs to the PIIA bright whites and they make a huge difference over stock bulbs. I can't afford day makers at the moment so this was the logical first step. I figure if these lamps work as well as the specs say then there may be no need to upgrade the headlamps any further.
I'll post my findings as soon as I get them installed.
Cheers

image.jpg

Lights showed up today, very solid housings. As they come with a wiring harness and I was curious, I connected one light to a 12v battery just to see how it lights things up. D@m......I. Can't believe the output of just one. I'll document the install and then take a video showing how well they work. I'm very excited.
Cheers

Last edited:
they are very similar to ones I have on order as I did not like the HID spot I had on the only difference I can see is the ones I have coming only use a single 25 watt CREE LED chip in each light but due to the deep reflector design at 10 degree give approx 600 metres, the small 10 watt CREE lights I had next to the headlight were 20 degree and I dont reccomend 20 degree if you want distance as the 20 degree only gave about the same distance (approx 200-250 metres) as the J W Speaker headlights which are a massive improvement over the stock headlights
I'll post pictures when I get them on, they were supposed to be at my local 4x4 shop today but failed to appear so the shop owner is chasing them up for me

Here's the pictures of the single chip 25watt CREE lights, the light are actually all off that is just the outside light reflecting in the reflector backs and yellow is the 25 watt CREE chips behind the flat lenses but look big due to the deep 10 degree reflectors
IMG_0461.JPG

and lights on High beam if you look carefully you can see the J W Speaker headlights which are quite bright being blown out of the picture by the new 25 watt spots
IMG_0460.JPG

the little white and blue dots are the poor camera dealing with the light ...... hope it works next time I want take a picture:unsure:

Last edited:
between the weather being great for riding, the fish are biting, doing mods on the Cruiser and of course working for a living dosen't leave much time for tiding up the garage which is far to small for my needs

My barn is similar, Hans, now that the weather is better I may tackle it.

J W Speaker low beam
image.jpg

J W Speaker Hi beam
image.jpg

J W Speakers Hi beam plus the 25 watt CREE 10 degree spots, the picture does not really do them justice there is a camper van just the left which is very visible but you can see the side of a building that is about 500 metres away
image.jpg

The 25watt CREE spots are only about 2 inches wide at the lense where as the 55 watt HIDs were 4 inch and looked like a bit odd the HID's put out more light but took near on 10 seconds to come up to full strength, these 25 watt Cree are instant and put out near as much ultra white light

Back