New law for passenger vehicles :/

EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
Well my Suburban registration is due at end of month - $85 :mad:
So, of course I have to get it inspected to be able to re-new the registration - $7 :mad:
Well my abs light is on, on the dash - plug in OBD & it says left abs sensor out - $60.00 :mad:
Replaced it myself :) & off to get inspection........... WEEEEEEEEEELL, the Fockin high mount third brake light is out! No 1157 bulb to replace.... NO - LED Strip, replace assembly - $172 :mad:
YEA! Starting this year, in Texas anyway, it won't pass inspection if high mount brake light is out!!:mad:

$324 for a registration.......... brought to you by the same group of people that have figured out how we should pay taxes and insurance :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :evil:

Last edited:
Yeah its a pain, but it makes your car safer. o_O Besides yours and some other states like mine Idaho have cheap registration costs. I bet you are going to hear back from others who pay $324 or more just for the registration.

Well my Suburban registration is due at end of month - $85 :mad:
So, of course I have to get it inspected to be able to re-new the registration - $7 :mad:
Well my abs light is on, on the dash - plug in OBD & it says left abs sensor out - $60.00 :mad:
Replaced it myself :) & off to get inspection........... WEEEEEEEEEELL, the Fockin high mount third brake light is out! No 1157 bulb to replace.... NO - LED Strip, replace assembly - $172 :mad:
YEA! Starting this year, in Texas anyway, it won't pass inspection if high mount brake light is out!!:mad:

$324 for a registration.......... brought to you by the same group of people that have figured out how we should pay taxes and insurance :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :evil:

They must be West Texans then huh?;):p:D:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

No inspections here, but I think the registrations are up to around $40-$50 now.

It varies by vehicle weight (I think), and between a car, truck, Rocket, couple of trailers, and a few boats; I have no idea anymore.

The wife does all that stuff, anyway. :D

Back