bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
Brought a new jacket today. The Motobarn on the corner of Moss st. and the service rd. has Dririder jackets on sale for $199.00 reduced from $369.00. All the good stuff, waterproof liner, removable thermal liner, elbow shoulder and back protection. The only thing I don't like is the white stripes on the sleeves but a black permanent marker is just about to fix that. It's a first for me always been a leather jacket wearer but I'm sick of beeing wet and cold. I have a few of my mates wear these style of jacket and swear by them in the rain. They had alot on the rack. I think the style is Dryrider Reactor.

funnily enough while I love my leather jacket and leather jeans when I go down to "the island" I wear Dryrider jacket and pants as the trip down there can be either stifling hot or torrential downpour as both are ventilated textile fabric with an waterproof liner, no fashion statement and doesn't feel as good but works well on dodgy weather trips :) sound like a good value deal as the Dryrider gear is not usally cheap

Bought me and Catherine new textile jackets a while back. Triumph Springwood had Triumph jackets for less than half retail prices .. too good a deal to let slip. Getting jack of wet and cold myself mate. Not that I wore it or even brought my wet weather gear on our last outing :eek:

I rode in driving torrential rain for about 4 1/2 hours in total on Saturday and stayed completely dry.
Motodry Street pants; the warmest and driest bike pants I've ever owned. Cost $160. These are really good.
Five WFX Tech gloves. Warmest and only 100% waterproof gloves I've ever owned. $150 but worth every cent.
R Jays boots. Warm and waterproof. Cost about $160.
I did wear my leather jacket but with a rain jacket over the top.
Only place water got in was through my helmet - trickled down the inside of the visor and through the (closed) vents.

Dri Rider makes some excellent gear - we carry a fair bit of it at Joes - but I'd also give a good look at some of the new RST and Motodry jackets and pants. They seem to offer more for your money and I'm very impressed with the stuff I've tried.

Back