New here from California

JR402

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
Hi everybody, from the central valley of California. Just picked up my black 2020 R3R last Saturday with 6 miles on it. Spent the last week working out I. The SF Bay Area on active duty orders, so I’m already needing my initial service on it. Thought I would be more in favor of the swept back bars of the GT, but the stock R controls are working so far. Coming from a Concours 14 with bar risers and a touring seat, I was able to put in more miles on the Rocket and longer rides in than I thought I would. Even on an unfaired bike with no windshield, the wind hasn’t been that bad. I miss the storage, but haven’t had any issues riding with a backpack, which I hadn’t done in a while. Heated grips would be a nice to have on early morning rides, but overall I’m super happy with the way the bike rides and handles. Low speed is nice and easy because of all the torque and the bike leans a lot easier and a lot farther than it looks like it should, also it’s lighter than the Concours. But I’m not saying anything people on this forum don’t already know. Love seeing the pictures of all the bikes on here!
John

WELCOME! John to our R3 Family... At the moment from Tucson... But stationed at SOUTHCOM in Miami. Speaking of photos, please be sure to share yours... AND enjoy your new perma-grin...
-MIG

Welcome John!

Wow, didn't realize California allowed the Rocket with it's power to weight ratio and emissions output. LOL, sorry, have to bust on Cali because my sister lives there and constantly complains about the nanny state laws and regulations, yet she refuses to move.

Enjoy your new ride!

Welcome John!

Wow, didn't realize California allowed the Rocket with it's power to weight ratio and emissions output. LOL, sorry, have to bust on Cali because my sister lives there and constantly complains about the nanny state laws and regulations, yet she refuses to move.

Enjoy your new ride!
Haha! No worries, you’re absolutely right, it surprises me that it hasn’t been outlawed in some way. I’m hanging on for the time being, but it wouldn’t take much for me to move out of the state when I retire. Until then, gonna enjoy this bike in all its silliness!

Attachments

• 5CCB3257-6F9D-4C36-899E-075454E775AB.jpeg
    5CCB3257-6F9D-4C36-899E-075454E775AB.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 13
WELCOME! John to our R3 Family... At the moment from Tucson... But stationed at SOUTHCOM in Miami. Speaking of photos, please be sure to share yours... AND enjoy your new perma-grin...
-MIG
Thanks MIG, and thanks for your service. Deployed to SOUTHCOM AOR many times and was stationed in Miami for 4.

Back