New here and to the brand... Rookie driver.

Verry8806

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Just bought my first bike ever and it happens to be a 14’ R3R. Super low miles so I am pretty excitedTo have it. Still pretty new to riding and especially the Triumph brand in general. Had this thing for 2 weeks now after sitting in a garage for almost 2 years. I’ll be replacing the all to common cam cover gasket that started leaking yesterday and in turn adding a Ramair system. I guess I’m getting a real quick introduction to opening the engine up a little bit.

Welcome.

If you haven't already done so, you should enroll in a Basic Riders Course. This is typically run over a weekend, with classroom discussion on a Friday evening, followed by two full days riding in an closed parking lot. Everyone starts from zero. Successful completion earns a certificate good in most states for the riding portion of the motorcycle license test, leaving only a simple written test to obtain the motorcycle endorsement on one's driver's license.

The Rocket is generally considered a graduate bike, as it is unforgiving of the momentary inattention when stopped most new riders experience. The bike departs from vertical, and not caught immediately, it goes down, and is hard to re-right. It is also near impossible to back up any incline, meaning one must always consider one's heading when parking.

The right physique combined with a positive attitude, and love of learning, could be ok.

Nothing beats real road experience.

Good luck.

WELCOME! ...and I echo Paul comments. Generally speaking, an R3 is not the ideal first motorcycle. Have you been riding your friends' bikes? I used to teach the BRC/BRC II and let me say MOST folks can't start (successfully) on something this big. That said, most is not everyone and as they say you need to "Ride your own ride". Please consider taking the course and you'll have an understanding of what we are talking about. Many insurances (NOT State Farm) will also give you a discount when you do. Regardless, we're glad to have you as part of our Triumph family and look forward to your participation.
-MIG

WELCOME! ...and I echo Paul comments. Generally speaking, an R3 is not the ideal first motorcycle. Have you been riding your friends' bikes? I used to teach the BRC/BRC II and let me say MOST folks can't start (successfully) on something this big. That said, most is not everyone and as they say you need to "Ride your own ride". Please consider taking the course and you'll have an understanding of what we are talking about. Many insurances (NOT State Farm) will also give you a discount when you do. Regardless, we're glad to have you as part of our Triumph family and look forward to your participation.
-MIG
I learned how to ride on different Honda sport bikes. But this is my actual first time owning a bike. I’ve been pretty comfortable with riding and handling the R3 so far, just taking it all in slowly. I am looking forward to taking the course when it opens up again after all this COVID nonsense.

Hi and welcome. Lots of interesting stuff in my signature.

Do the MSF course as SOON as possible. The R3 is a great bike, but will get you into trouble extremely quickly if you are not paying attention or riding close to you capabilities.

hi verry. welcome to the family. enjoy riding

Back