New headlight lens cover :(

Kendan

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Touring
So took my bike out for the first ride of the season and noticed I now need a new headlight lens cover. Over the winter I started my bike a couple of times, and without even thinking about it, never fully removed the bike cover. I just sort of draped it over the front of the bike. Without realizing it the material that 'protects' the windscreen was up against the headlight, and aside from burning a hole in that material, I melted/damaged a portion of my headlight lens. My bad.
I haven't called the dealer yet (weekend) but am afraid when I call them tomorrow, I'm not going to be happy to hear the replacement cost of a new lens or the wait to get one in. So just considering options, is there a good upgrade to the headlight assembly? I'd love to replace it with dual headlight setup from a roadster, but have a clearview windscreen so that won't work. Maybe HID or LED or something along those lines? I came across a thread about upgrading to a brand called Candlepower but looks like they are not available anymore. I see a few for Harleys and Indians, but that's all I found so far.
I see the pinned thread up top. Any other additional suggestions?

A Harley daymaker will fit. Boardtracker Harley Davidson has the daymakers 5.75 inch for $325 each or Amazon has some nice LED lights for around $50 dollars. Not sure if you have a 5.75 or 7 inch can on your touring. My classic is a 5.75 inch can :D

A Harley daymaker will fit. Boardtracker Harley Davidson has the daymakers 5.75 inch for $325 each or Amazon has some nice LED lights for around $50 dollars. Not sure if you have a 5.75 or 7 inch can on your touring. My classic is a 5.75 inch can :D
he has a Touring I believe their are other brands out but none come to mind

I see the pinned thread up top. Any other additional suggestions?
7". If you want the absolute best - JW-Speaker Adaptive series which detect the bikes tilt-angle in corners and activates additional cornering beams. EXPENSIVE.

Otherwise Truck-Lite Phase7. Ime these offer a good beam shape and are more traditional looking.

Absolutely you need to use this opportunity to upgrade to the led light. Triumph oem light is cr@p!
If you don't want to spend the $$$$ for JE Speakers or Truck-lite, the Chinese knock offs on amazon & eBay work GREAT & cost less than new oem triumph lense :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback. Dealer wants $237 for a new lens! Wow. So at the moment the option I'm leaning towards is the JW Speaker 8700 Evo 2. $300 on amazon. Reviews are positive. The adaptive looks freekin cool but a bit too much $. The Adjure is a good option but the thin glass lens might be an issue. We always have little rocks on the road here.
So that being said, anyone use the 8700 evo 2? Are there any adaptors required or is it just a direct fit?

Back