sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Just got done checking out the 2018 lineup. Amazing that they are really doing their best at attracting younger riders with improved equipment and better handling. On the other hand looking at some of the comments they are sunk when it comes to the old die hard riders. The bikes do have a lot of improvements but are really starting to look more Japanese than Harley in appearance. The pricing for the new bikes is rather steep. They seem to really want to play up on the performance side. Really 114 cubic inch is big? Just not impressed at all with the new lineup. Good luck Harley Davidson.

In today's Wall Street Journal:

SNIP

Three used Harleys are sold in the U.S. for every new one.
A decade ago, it was the other way around.
New motorcycle sales in the U.S. are down by half from a 2006 peak, while used sales are up 13%.
Milwaukee-based Harley in 2018 is heading for its fourth straight year of declining sales, as the company's core older customers scale back purchases while younger riders fail to pick up the slack.
Harley wants to reverse its sales slump by drawing new riders with 16 middleweight bikes it plans to roll out by 2022. Among them will be the company's first electric model, which expected to make its debut next year.

This is looking pretty good
FB_IMG_1538460136148.jpg

Motorcycle Features: 2019 Indian FTR 1200 S | Indian Motorcycle

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric is cool. When will someone build a turbodiesel?

What do you mean ? My wife drives our 2015 VW Golf TDI every day. Works great, and with the recent mods, supposedly can pass the California emissions limits.

I note that the scandal cost VW $14B in the U.S. alone, and VW has no plans to reintroduce diesels to the U.S.

I suspect anyone even considering a turbo-diesel power plant knows you and I are dinosaurs, and even if they made it, we wouldn't buy it because we are scaling back our purchases as we age.

I reckon I've got one two wheel bike left before I am forced to migrate to a trike. I don't what it will be, but it will be a cruise/tourer and beyond that all cards are on the table. Frankly used is hard to ignore for you can get what you wanted new but could not afford...and with very few miles usually.

I can say this, their new motor is pathetic. Im sure it may be better than the twin cams, but it would take probably a lot of cash to make it perform.

Back