Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Hi Folks:
I just purchased a 06 R3 off of Ebay this past weekend. Had to drive 700 miles to get it .
The previous owner had a car tire on it which threw me off. Came across your Darkside forum via Google. Gave me some decent ideas.
To start with I live in OKC, Retired Navy , Been riding since 1961. Plus I do 99% of my own wrenching. Besides the R3 I have a 06 triked VTX1800 , 650 Vstrom, a 250 cc Piaggo scooter . We also have other interests like sailing , woodcraft , and traveling.
My wife Cathy married me 14 1/2 yrs ago . She had never ridden a bike. Now she rides her own and according to my maint. records has close to 300K , riding her own bikes.
Ijoin groups to learn from the other members , but hope to be able to contribute as well.

welcome! Most of us here like to do our own wrenching. the triumph dealers leave alot to be desired. so you ended up in the right forum. Congrats on the purchase!:D

mutt

This is the place, Welcome from Delaware.

The Darkside thing is big with R3 owners, it's size and torque are unique and unfortunately there was never a tire made to accommodate. It's a trade off in respect to handling, longevity, cost and traction. The Rocket has more than one use, so owners have come up with more than the one tire that comes with it. When you've settled on how you will use it, you can settle on how you will shoe it. Just keep an open mind. ;)

Welcome from Molino, FL and Afghanistan. Enjoy your ride.

Dennis

27 dtg Dubai
28 dtg London

81 dtg Dubai
82 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, time to order 2011 R3T)

Welcome old salt from another sailor. Sounds to me like you bought the 06 that was in Indiana. Did it come with a water heater for a muffler? Not to worry about the dark side you can always go back if its not for you. Some like it some don't and the ones that don't mind it typically aren't looking for speed or Horse Power either:D to each his own on that one I have already said enough to stir the natives up!!! Enjoy the ride

Welcome and thank you for your service sir. What color 06 did you purchase?

Back