New ECU and no start?

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Replaced my ECU with a brand new one but the bike will run only a second or two before it dies. All needles sweep, fuel pump pressurizes normally and it fires immediately but dies after the time stated above. I did an adaptive reset before attempting a start and have no error codes. The injectors were tested/rebuilt and cleaned. Any ideas?

Crap, still no-go! Followed the tune ecu set up as suggested. Secondary TPS set to .60v (found you have to disconnect the power to secondary stepper motor to manually close the secondary butterflies). Activate reset test and adjusted the 7mm nut on the ISC stepper motor for .5mm clearance (probably not necessary). Set the primary TPS at .60v and readjusted the stepper motor nut for .72v on the second test, third test run OK. So all set up dead on, ISCV reset completed, exit program, hit start switch, get 1-2 seconds of run then shuts down. Hit the start switch again fires right up for 1-2 seconds and then shuts down. Did notice the stepper motor buzzes after driving in or out? The Triumph maintenance manual says my condition is caused by a frozen ISC stepper motor, bad fuel/ filter. I am at a loss, any other suggestions?

Something you said got my attention and might be your fault.

From a "off" position, look at the secondary throttles when turn the key to the "on" position. They should flap full open then full closed as a sweep check. Is that the same sound you mention or a different one?

Try starting the bike and giving it the slightest hint of throttle as you do so, the tiiiiniest bit, just enough to crack the throttle blades. If it stays running, you've isolated your problem, it's a bad ISCV stepper, if it stalls right away again ignore the TB assembly and start looking elsewhere (coils, plugs, plug wires, injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter), think that completes the list of candidates lol.

Blessing on your pocket book, hopefully it's a loose wire!!

When you hear the steppers clicking, look at them to see if they move....if they do they are not frozen per se, though for some reason they may not want to move when they are supposed to.

More drama, more questions! I cannot get the bike to start but maybe found the cure? The map edit screen displays a base map but does not show the map number in the upper left screen below ECM serial number. When I try to read the map, small screen pops up and shows "0" for map. The map edit button next to the diagnostics button is green and says "download". Does anyone know if a new ECM (T1299300) has the base tune installed or do you need to load a map in it to work?

Back