New Dynojet PCV (as in 5)

Pig9r

Living Legend
There is a new power commander out, the PCV. According to the dynojet site it is smaller and does alot more. One thing in particular that would be very interesting to many (especially those looking for closed loop) is the Auto Tune Module.

Auto Tune module
New for the PC V is the available add-on Auto Tune module which allows for live, closed loop EFI tuning. Based closely on Dynojet's new Wideband Commander 2 featuring two small Auto Tune modules and dual Bosch Wideband O2 sensors. The Auto tune module allows users set a demanded air/fuel ratio in the PC V software and the Auto tune will make adjustments in real time. There are AFR tables for each cylinder and they have the the same 250 RPM increment resolution as the fuel and ignition tables. The Auto tune can be configured for minimum run time before live sample, minimum Cylinder Head temp, as well as maximum +/- fuel adjustments in relation to the base map. The Auto Tune kit can also use the Dynojet map switch or any open/closed switch which allows the user to switch between live tuning to the parameters set thru the PC V software or the base map in the PC V unit. You can leave the map switch in "live" mode, or if you want to write the fuel map you can connect to the PC V software, retrieve the fuel trims and either write them to the map or clear them. The firmware and tuning strategy has been well written and in our testing we have been able to develop very, very accurate maps using the Auto Tune module opposed to some of the other Auto tune units on the market we have tested in the past. We have also compared several Auto Tune derived maps to dyno tuned maps and the results were impressive. A very important requirement for building a good tune is to have a very close base map to start out with, as the Auto Tune writes its fuel trims off the base PC V map. The Auto Tune module does require some basic wiring from the sensor harness into the modules. The Auto Tune module is a very good choice for those with a unique build where a close map is not available or for those looking for the ability to tune in real time. The ultimate combination we recommend is combining a full dyno tune session with the Auto tune. We build the map for the best combination of performance and efficiency, and then implement the AFR's we developed into the Auto Tune AFR table. This strategy will provide the best performance under all conditions.

I have emailed them about fitment for the Rocket. This is the response:

We do plan on making one for it. As of right now I do not have an ETA. We need to get a bike in here to do some more testing with.

After an offer of a bike for them to use:

The bike will have to be here at our Facility in Las Vegas. If you know anyone just have them contact us by email or phone.
Mike Shefler
Dynojet Research Inc.
1-800-992-4993

So anyone in the Vegas area willing to help out? This could be a really cool tuning tool for the Rocket.

if i recall correctly not only can you get the lcd screen for this but you can swap tunes on the fly.. i hope they will incorperate the timing advance feature they have for the hd's also.. be a good if you dont have someone to tune using tuneboy.

Hey Piggy, we have been using the PCV on the Yamahas for about 4 months. Only problem is the wide band 02 sensor is giant sized and needs new bungs wielded in the pipes which they dont tell ya. If you want to tune each cyl. ya need 3 autotunes or move the 02 from pipe to pipe then mix the three maps. There is no way the 02 sensor will fit in each pipe on the rocket so it will probably be used in the collector like stock. I would think you could find a smaller 02 than what they send with the kits..Cheapest they could find probably.

Back