New DP Exhaust / Ram Air... Running Extremely Rich

foxviewnet

With foxes we must play the fox!
Ride
2007 Rocket iii Classic 2006 Yamaha Vmax
Hey Guys,
The weather is getting warmer and I need a little hint before riding season. Some of you guys know that I put on the DP exhaust with Cat Delete crossover. Also I have installed the RamAir kit and a Hanso tune. The bike runs some stronger but the A/F is way off and running rich. Didn't really get a good dyno but was able to determine A/F is way off the chart. Any ideas what I can do to correct this? I would expect that Hanso's tune would be very close but could there be anything in the physical setup that would hinder the A/F from being close? 2007 Classic, Dave Platt Custom Short Exhaust (Not Shorties) with Crossover and RamAir. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chris
DynoDPandRamAir.jpg

As I see it (although lacking experience) you have 2 sensible choices. Either find a dyno tuner that's happy to work with TuneECU, or get a PCV with auto tune.
There are of course other options but these seem the most obvious.

As I see it (although lacking experience) you have 2 sensible choices. Either find a dyno tuner that's happy to work with TuneECU, or get a PCV with auto tune.
There are of course other options but these seem the most obvious.
I tend to agree with you Baloo. I was at my local performance shop today where I have maintenance done and asked about if they would be interested in working with TuneECU. They have had my R3 and Vmax on their dyno but I didn't get the feeling that TuneECU is something that they would be comfortable with using. They are actually in a transition of ownership of the shop. The original owner is terminally ill and probably has just a couple of months to live. He has a lifetime of building performance bikes and has helped me out with his incredible knowledge and experience over the last couple of years. It is a sad situation and I hope that the shop stays open with the techs that remain. They provide a valuable service to many in our local area.
This being said, I feel like I need to migrate over toward the PCV as I have very limited experience with TuneECU and limited dyno options available. Thanks for your advice. :)

Back