Chkwgn460

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tour
Hi all. Just a quick question.
The manual says to replace some of the different bolts if they are removed(ex rear disc bolts). Do you guys do this or reuse the old ones? Is it a big deal either way?
Thanks for any info.

Hi all. Just a quick question.
The manual says to replace some of the different bolts if they are removed(ex rear disc bolts). Do you guys do this or reuse the old ones? Is it a big deal either way?
Thanks for any info.

I just add some medium strength thread locker and run them into the torque specifications; haven't lost one yet. Although if you're just changing the rubber a good rim clamp machine will grab the rim without pulling the disc, disc side down on the machine. And if that is what you're doing you should rotate the valve stem 180 degrees so you don't have to muck around with the disc when checking or adding air. But some people like to follow the manual like a bible -- your call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting new rear wheel bearings in. I had the clicking sound when rolling the bike around. I bought some of the blue loctite so I'll be sure to use that.
I have the whole back of the bike apart.
This time I'll reuse, if I take them off again I'll replace.
Thanks guys.

Stainless in the 300 series does not rust until you get to 348 ultra high strength which is hardened by carbon atoms migrating to the grain boundaries and mixing with what little Ferrous is in the metal forming iron carbides in the grain boundaries ( stronger mortar to hold the metal together). once subjected to atmospheric condition it can rust and weaken to some extent. 400 series stainless is a different animal do to the higher ferrous and carbon content)
On another note Sonny since your a stickler for what the manual states I am surprised you are running a Ram air filter along with a Car tire as it in not there is only two tires specified in the manual and the standard air filtration stuff.

Must be that welder mentality :D

Humor in case you do not get it !!!!!!

Paul's complete Exhaust system is not in the manual either but that is right around the corner. (he is working on it now) Car tire is going to be replaced with a E-Max rear and a Michelin commander II 140 up front. That ain't in the manual either. O'boy i'm really screwing up. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back