T Evans

Supercharged
Last fall on the way home from Bikes, Blues and BBQ. I had stopped for gas about 50 miles from the house and there were a couple of guys there doing the same. They had to come and look at my bike and went on and on about about it. They were on there way home from the same rally and live in the same town as I do, Ponca City, OK.
Fast forward to last week and I'm driving down the street and I see a Triumph Rocket III Classic the same color as mine setting out in front of a business. I swing in and find this nice elderly guy coming out with a helmet in his hand And He says the bike is his. I didn't recognize him but he did me. He told me that it was him and his son that I had visited with last fall at the gas station.
He said he liked my bike so much he started looking around and bought this 09 Classic with 1100 miles on it that some guy had traded into a car dealer some where here in the state and he went down and purchased it from the car dealer. The bike already had TOR exhaust and he added a summer wind screen w/crash bars and hiway pegs.
He said he had been riding for lots of years and had never ridin a bike like the Rocket.
I told him about the web sites around andgave him my card so we could ride some time. Wouldn't you know that it would be the same color as mine. Oh well, it doesn't have all the Corbin accesories on it like mine.
Then I bump into another buddy yesterday that was on his new V-Max. They are nice bikes for street fighters but not for me. It does kinda get my goat a little that he can smoke my ass. But I guess there will always be somebody faster.
The riding season is coming on us really fast and bikes are everywhere. I'm ready.

Big T

Last fall on the way home from Bikes, Blues and BBQ. I had stopped for gas about 50 miles from the house and there were a couple of guys there doing the same. They had to come and look at my bike and went on and on about about it. They were on there way home from the same rally and live in the same town as I do, Ponca City, OK.
Fast forward to last week and I'm driving down the street and I see a Triumph Rocket III Classic the same color as mine setting out in front of a business. I swing in and find this nice elderly guy coming out with a helmet in his hand And He says the bike is his. I didn't recognize him but he did me. He told me that it was him and his son that I had visited with last fall at the gas station.
He said he liked my bike so much he started looking around and bought this 09 Classic with 1100 miles on it that some guy had traded into a car dealer some where here in the state and he went down and purchased it from the car dealer. The bike already had TOR exhaust and he added a summer wind screen w/crash bars and hiway pegs.
He said he had been riding for lots of years and had never ridin a bike like the Rocket.
I told him about the web sites around andgave him my card so we could ride some time. Wouldn't you know that it would be the same color as mine. Oh well, it doesn't have all the Corbin accesories on it like mine.
Then I bump into another buddy yesterday that was on his new V-Max. They are nice bikes for street fighters but not for me. It does kinda get my goat a little that he can smoke my ass. But I guess there will always be somebody faster.
The riding season is coming on us really fast and bikes are everywhere. I'm ready.

Big T

The mighty V-Max is the ultimate street sweeper! I know a guy with one that's blown and is fitted with a 360 rear end!!!!! Looks like that thing from Batman! Don't know HOW many hundreds of ponies it can produce but it's a Goliath! I LOVE my R3...but if I had some extra $$$ lying about the abode (Ha ha) I'd pick one of these monsters up in a heart beat! I'm sure Honda...or Suzuki...or Ducati will come out with something equally edgy in the next few years. How's about a scaled down Boss Hoss with a small block V-8 or V-6, weighing no more than 8 or 900lbs??!! Or a V-Rod with a scaled up Porsche mill around 1800 or 1900c.c.s? Endless possibilities for radical street monsters if the market thrives.:eek:

Back