New battery question..

SonOfJorEl

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi again, fellow Rocketeers!
I’m planning to swap out my current battery (pic below) for a new one.
I’m in Toronto, Canada and was considering going AGM or Gel this time over FLA but a friend of mine is pushing me to get Lithium.
From what I’ve researched, lithium doesn’t like cold. However, if I remove it and store it indoors it should be good, right?
What are your thoughts on AGM over Gel?
Any other considerations?
Also, any preferred brand? Yuasa would be my first pick unless something better out there. Not brand loyal but that’s just what I’ve always used and has worked on other bikes.

BF76B6B4-A418-44F7-B4F7-D87BEBAC6D1A.jpeg

Do you remember when lead batteries use to last years longer than their ratings? A buddy of mine told me that was because they used virgin lead. Now almost all lead batteries use recycled lead and that is why they don’t last? Apparently they have closed most of the lead mines around the world because it an environmental issue? I have not confirmed this but it makes sense.

Do you remember when lead batteries use to last years longer than their ratings? A buddy of mine told me that was because they used virgin lead. Now almost all lead batteries use recycled lead and that is why they don’t last? Apparently they have closed most of the lead mines around the world because it an environmental issue? I have not confirmed this but it makes sense.
I think we read the same article.

Back