New battery (die hard) still not turning over

Rkarlstad

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III
Hi,

Last week I installed a new die hard battery, fully charged into the bike. It clicks once then nothing. Ran fine when put away for the winter.

Any thoughts????????

Only 400 miles on the bike, bought at end of the season last year.

Russ K

Hi,

Last week I installed a new die hard battery, fully charged into the bike. It clicks once then nothing. Ran fine when put away for the winter.

Any thoughts????????

Only 400 miles on the bike, bought at end of the season last year.

Russ K
Three Noreaster's she is beatching

Got the same symptons on mine today. How did you fix yours?

Easy fix. Buy a cold weather suit and a good pair of heated glove, Marry someone with enough sense to turn the bathroom heater on prior to getting home. Only took four wife's to figure out the heater thing,:eek::eek::eek: Life is good and battery stays charged.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Update.

I think the battery may have died as with a jump start she fired up. I'd had the battery on a low charge for 4 hrs and still no joy.

Once she was running left her ticking over (with the odd blip) for a good 10 mins then tried to start her shortluy afterwards but no joy. Started again easily with a jump.

Anything to take note of when buying a repalcement battery? Should I consider an Optimate type trickle charger as sometimes I haven't used her as much lately due to working on and trying out my old Bonnie.

Anything to take note of when buying a repalcement battery? Should I consider an Optimate type trickle charger as sometimes I haven't used her as much lately due to working on and trying out my old Bonnie.
Consider a GOOD Lithium one - and simply disconnect it when laying up. Starter batteries are there to START with - my experience is they thus somewhat dislike constant draw like clocks etc. There are deep cycle batteries for this use.

Back