New and Odd Problem

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
Hey guys I went by the shop today where they are finishing my long saga of adding the Lush pistons and Bryant pipe and a new issue has arisen. The neutral light will not illuminate and it throws a code for gear indicator failure. They bought a new part and installed it with no improvement. The bike will be in neutral but no green light. The light does work when the ingnition is turned on for a second like all the other lights so the bulb is good.

He said something about putting the kickstand down and it shuts off even in neutral like the bike thinks it is in gear.

Any helpful suggestions or things to try?

What is your engine number?

Bit of a long shot since they changed out the dodgy 3 wire GPS in mid 2013 to the current 4 wire which seemed problem free, but I'm wondering maybe your bike was sitting on the dealer floor a while or something

Reposition the GPS. The upper bolt hole is slotted. Loosen both screws. Or, they didn't hook it up. For a complete education on this, go to my thread, Engine change.....And a big shout out (of thanks) to Scott @warp9.9 and @R-III-R Turbo. These boys are very talented.

The correct name for that light is "the idiot light" please have them post how to stop it I would gladly do it to mine, does not sound like anything serious but have them check this site before just going and buying parts.
Anyway eff that light how is the bike doing?:D

The correct name for that light is "the idiot light" please have them post how to stop it I would gladly do it to mine, does not sound like anything serious but have them check this site before just going and buying parts.
Anyway eff that light how is the bike doing?:D
Final tuning soon. They are not pleased to release a bike to me that had a light working before they started the job.

Back