New accessories

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Ok just got in a 100 mile ride with some new bling that installed over the last two weeks.
1- back rest for the triumph solo seat.
2- triumph passenger (pillion) that goes with the solo seat.
3- scene design P3 rear brake light led and module.
4- doubled up on the ground wire from the battery to the motor.
5- got rid of the evap canister so I could fish route the ground wire correctly. I see no reason to re install the evap.
6- triumph windshield bag.

So far still getting use to the back rest seems like it pushes you foward a bit, so I'm adjusting the highway pegs to match my new seating position.

First 100 mile ride in 3 months, felt great to get back in the saddle. Looks like the temp is going to drop again for the next 7 days but should be warming up nice after that. Can't wait to put some more miles on!!

Ok just got in a 100 mile ride with some new bling that installed over the last two weeks.
1- back rest for the triumph solo seat.
2- triumph passenger (pillion) that goes with the solo seat.
3- scene design P3 rear brake light led and module.
4- doubled up on the ground wire from the battery to the motor.
5- got rid of the evap canister so I could fish route the ground wire correctly. I see no reason to re install the evap.
6- triumph windshield bag.

So far still getting use to the back rest seems like it pushes you foward a bit, so I'm adjusting the highway pegs to match my new seating position.

First 100 mile ride in 3 months, felt great to get back in the saddle. Looks like the temp is going to drop again for the next 7 days but should be warming up nice after that. Can't wait to put some more miles on!!
I've been seriously considering a driver backrest, may I ask what you went with? I see that you ride a touring, but it should be the same seat as my roadster right (if it's the solo with the pillion)?

I've been seriously considering a driver backrest, may I ask what you went with? I see that you ride a touring, but it should be the same seat as my roadster right (if it's the solo with the pillion)?

I'm not sure triumph has what your looking for touring and roadster seats are not interchangeable, you may have to go with Corbin seats, check out their web site.
One thing for sure the backrest does hold you in place when you nail it!

I'm not sure triumph has what your looking for touring and roadster seats are not interchangeable, you may have to go with Corbin seats, check out their web site.
One thing for sure the backrest does hold you in place when you nail it!
Yeah I have the Corbin and love the back rest, I went with the smallest backrest so it is easier to get past getting on and off, I had a Utopia one before which I sold to @1olbull and it was great with plenty of adjustment it will fit if you have the seperate rider and pillion seats here is a link http://www.utpr.com/rocket.html other wise you can get the triumph classic one piece seat and backrest if stil available, I also just noticed that utopia now make a backrest to fit the classic one piece seat as well

Yeah I have the Corbin and love the back rest, I went with the smallest backrest so it is easier to get past getting on and off, I had a Utopia one before which I sold to @1olbull and it was great with plenty of adjustment it will fit if you have the seperate rider and pillion seats here is a link http://www.utpr.com/rocket.html other wise you can get the triumph classic one piece seat and backrest if stil available, I also just noticed that utopia now make a backrest to fit the classic one piece seat as well

Just FYI - The @HansO Utopia back rest has worked great for me on my R3R for the past couple years!

Nice! Give us a photo of that new light when you get a chance ;)
Nice! Give us a photo of that new light when you get a chance ;)

How bout a you tube video of my lights. Only one issue with the lights the wire were not long enough and I had to splice them under the fender. So you will need some 18awg wire butt splices and some heat shrink. At 150$ they are not cheep but it is well made and made is USA not China. Here is a picture of the module and posi tap connections all in red and red tape. I used red tape to identify my work and Heat shrink to keep the posi lock from unscrewing.top left is the posi taps also in red. First time I have used posi connectors, they are pretty nice and they came with the lights.
image.jpg

Geezus, man! I'm still seeing stars from watching that video!

Looks like a great bit of kit you added there, Jim. At $150 it looks to be a fair deal, too!

Geezus, man! I'm still seeing stars from watching that video!

Looks like a great bit of kit you added there, Jim. At $150 it looks to be a fair deal, too!

Yes Phil they are bright and you can add three more on each side for a total of eight. Safety first!!

Back