New 2500cc Rocket III

Anders

.060 Over
Not sure if this has been talked about here - I was doing some digging last night to see if Kisan Pathblazer modulators are legal in the UK, and the whispers at TriumphTorque are that a new 2500cc iteration is in the works - anyone heard anything about this?

Bigger is better!!! Why don't they go the whole hog (pun intended) and try for a 3 litre job, after all it is a Rocket 3!:p

2500 not likely

I read that Triumph has one bore machine and both the Rockets share the same 101.6/94.3mm. bore/stroke and the Thunderbird is 103.8/94.3mm bore/stroke.I remember John Bloor stating that a new machine would exceed one million dollars and for their production numbers the cost was prohibited...Besides 2294 is plenty..add a blower and re-tune and exhaust and you will far exceed the potential of more cc's..my personal observation/opinion!

Right. A larger motor would have to come from stroke as bore is maxed out on the machine at it's present size.

This rumor always comes up. Why would Triumph bump up to 2500cc? A simple change in cams and compression ratio, along with the appropriate fuel map and ignition timing would up power considerably without the cost of basically developing a whole new engine.

This rumor always comes up. Why would Triumph bump up to 2500cc? A simple change in cams and compression ratio, along with the appropriate fuel map and ignition timing would up power considerably without the cost of basically developing a whole new engine.
Absolutely correct..look what was accomplished with the Rocket Roadster..and we all know what can be done!!!

Besides, if they bored out the existing block, they could run into cooling issues. I remember having those problems with a punched out 351 Cleveland. After I put in the .030 over rebuilt engine, I just couldn't keep it cool. The cylinders got too close to the water jacket.

Well I found some other threads with allegedly clued up ppl in the know saying it will be like the very latest speed triple, 2500cc, latest front and rear suspension, fully adjustable, flatish bars etc - I'll see if I can find the thread, the guy was saying it would be a street fighter on steroids, like some of the mecatwin jobs and swedish jobs that have been being built...:D

This is the snippet, seems Triumph has had to register the bike for road testing purposes and it is registered as 2500cc...

Cantbearsed
wolverhampton,
United Kingdom

Looks like it's happening. Just spoke to the sales bloke at the local shop. He says it's 2.5 lt, more power, flat bars (ish) and top quality suspension parts and brakes.
Sounds like the VMax and BKing have a rival..

Back