New 2006 R3 at OC Motorsports in Santa Ana, CA

TRacer

Standard Bore
Good Morning from a brand new member who just joined this morning.

I will be upgrading from a Harley Sportster to a bigger bike in the spring and the Rocket III is at the top of my list. For those that might be familiar with my area (Southern Cal), there is a shop called Orange COunty Motorsports located in Santa Ana that sells a full line of Suzukis, Kawis, Victorys, and Triumphs.

Yesterday I checked out their Triumph selection and they have everything except a newer non-Touring model Rocket. The one RIII Classic they do have is a new 2006 (you read that correctly, an '06) that had only 20 miles on it. I was told that they had sold all their newer RIIIs thru '09, but that the '06 sitting forlornly on their floor "just wasn't getting the love." I asked it perhaps something had happened to it, and was told no. At any rate, I was given the opportunity to do a 10 mile test drive and loved the bike, but feel I might like the upcoming Roadster better with its revised ergos. It just seems odd to me that a dealer that moves a fair amount of Triumphs would have an '06 with such low mileage languishing on their floor. They wanted $13,300 out the door (i.e., tax and license included), and the color was Ivory over Claret. Any thoughts or comments form the R3 experts at large? Thank you for your help!

personally id wait to see if you feel the roadster is more your style, im bett'n they'll still have the 06 at that time. i certainly wouldnt pay more than 12.5 k for it otd. i bought mine from them.

It's the kind of specialty bike that takes the right person to match up with the right bike. It's not uncommon to find brand new Rockets that are 2-4 years old either sitting on a show room or even still in the crate.

13.3K? Nothing special on that buy. You drive out the door and youve lost > 10% value.
A new 06 decked out with "Tourer accouterments" for 13.3 would be worth considering twice; and, with a cat-box replacer for no more than cost and Id be stating, sold. Those extras, at the time of the 07 Tourer, were valued at $1900 for a selll price of 500$.

First off,
to TRacer and Lazarus,
Welcome to the site guys.
I just got my wife a used '05 model with 7,800 miles on it for a dollar a mile.
Had a windshield and TORS and a Raptor CT too.
Guy just wanted to go back to a hardley,
no accounting for taste.
He sure didn't hurt it any, and the wife just loves it.

Lazarus, what was your overall take with OCM? The salesperson I dealt with was Fabian, who rides a Tiger. I'm more apt to wait for the Roadster due to the various upgrades they've been making (I've read quite a few of the "character building" threads on this board) since this beast came out, plus the ABS.

personally i might buy one there again only if it was some killer deal.. their service dept is an absolute joke..maybe the service manager has changed since then... cant say breas service dept is any better.. brea did some major stupid things on my upgrade that i still need to address.. you might want to check if there is one in the southbay/torrance redondo beach area.. buying a bike is just that.. it's the service dept. that makes or breaks.. i hear the one in san diego has their sh.t together

Back