New 14 Roadster in garage, need pullback solution for bars

DocHoladay

.020 Over
Ride
'08 Victory Vision, '14 R3 Roadster
New 2014 R3 in the garage next to my touring bike. Not sure if this is a sport cruiser or what category to put it into but have already named it "The Beast". Fun, Fun!

Need pullback on bars but not finding options. Rivco risers ordered but they called me today to let me know they fit the Classic and not the Roadster.....

what are my options?

Doc

When I got my '06 I started with risers and when the classic pullback bars became available with a longer clutch cable I was happy! The classic bars are still available from triumph because I just mounted some new ones because of rust on the old bars. I believe Rivco still sells setback risers.

Doc:
Welcome to the forum. Surprised that you were told the risers will not work on your Roadster, as it is/was our impression that the Classic and Roadster are basically the same motorbike. We had the Rico risers on our '08 Standard but have not tried them on our '11 Roadster. Interesting. Perhaps someone with knowledge will be along shortly to explain what differences render the risers not usable on the newer bike...

We trudge on.

Pretty sure there is one style for the Touring, and one that fits all others. Many times sites say something only fits "X", or up to a certain year, as they have not tried one yet.

Hey Doc,

I picked up mine a week ago and was researching that very topic and came across this site...low and behold, here I am! The bike is simply awesome. It's been a great ride so far (only 190 miles) but I'm used to a higher/closer grip stance. I've also found the Rivco's aren't meant for the "Roadster." Though it seems like they would fit. If I find something I'll let you know.

New 2014 R3 in the garage next to my touring bike. Not sure if this is a sport cruiser or what category to put it into but have already named it "The Beast". Fun, Fun!

Need pullback on bars but not finding options. Rivco risers ordered but they called me today to let me know they fit the Classic and not the Roadster.....

what are my options?

Doc

Use the search function ^ .. the answer will be there if you have a look... Oh by the way great name for the new bike :thumbsup:

thanks for the welcome

Going to try some Rivco risers. They claim they will fit but can cause issues during maintenance with bars sitting lower to the tank. They claim the risers were made for the R3 classic not the Roadster.

Back