Never send a boy to do a mans job!

Ron

Air Cav!
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
Yesterday, my friends son asked to help work on my '13 RIII Touring, so I told him how to check the oil (run engine briefly, shut it off and wait 10 minutes and check the dip stick). I then told him to add a little oil if it was below the lines on the stick. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I didn't explain that the level should be between the two lines! He thought I meant that the level should be above the top line! Now I have about a quart of oil too much. Is this going to harm anything? What should I do short of trying to drain off just a quart?

Yesterday, my friends son asked to help work on my '13 RIII Touring, so I told him how to check the oil (run engine briefly, shut it off and wait 10 minutes and check the dip stick). I then told him to add a little oil if it was below the lines on the stick. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I didn't explain that the level should be between the two lines! He thought I meant that the level should be above the top line! Now I have about a quart of oil too much. Is this going to harm anything? What should I do short of trying to drain off just a quart?

i would drain it
a lot easier to do than clean the mess if it blows it out.

How far above the top line? If it's just a smidge (technical measurement) above your probably ok. Did he add a full quart?

Back