Neutral position led light problem..

mucha162

Standard Bore
Ride
R3 classic
Hello All,

I have problem with my neutral led light in tachometer.. Moto: R3 classic 2007year.
I just bought it and the led sometimes blink and sometimes not working..
Can anybody help me how I can check this issue? On schema I saw the white/black cable - there a must have 12v when I have neutral gear?

Best regards
Paul

could be the gear position sensor is corroded but first just loosen up the two bolts on it a little and wiggle it when you in neutral at least one if not both bolt holes are slotted. do this while the key is on and in neutral some times they just shift a little and the plunger is right on the contact line. If that doesn't work the I would clean it. make sure you don't drop the little plunger and spring.

Thank you for your help. I will check this today..
Do you know how it works? (how I can check this switch with multimeter?)
On black/white cable to tachometer I must have 12v if I have neutral?

Thank you for your help. I will check this today..
Do you know how it works? (how I can check this switch with multimeter?)
On black/white cable to tachometer I must have 12v if I have neutral?
I would not be the one to ask on the multi meter most rocket owners pick up the 20 dollar cable and there is free software that allows you into the ecu. This software call tune ecu is valuable for maintenance and other good things. I read you just picked up the bike so you will soon pick up a lot of knowledge from the guys on this site.
anyway the gear position switch in our older bikes is kind of barbaric and I believe also used on six speed boxes. basically there is a shaft coming from the shift drum and it has a plunger with a spring in it to force contact. see below

GPS plunger.jpg

The yellow arrow points to the plunger. if you take the sensor out watch this so you do not drop it or the little spring behind it.

anyway it contacts the switch below I believe yellow is the neutral and the red one would be for sixth gear see how has not had the plunger across it at all. anyway scotch brite the face of this if they look like this one you might find it fixes your problem.

GPS contact points.jpg

Also not the bolt holes one is slotted and the other is still oversize a fair bit. this allow you to rotate it a little as I have see some that just did not hit the little neutral contact centered and had the same sometime there sometime not light.

if you had the soft ware you could view what gear it is in as you shift it.

hope this helps some

Correct - I'm a "new one" :)
Thank you, I will check this issue today and write to you about some result.

I would try loosening the bolts a little and wiggling her while your in neutral and the key on so you can watch the light first its easy and quick.

What he says ;-)
I took this apart as Scott's pics show, scotch bright-ed the contacts and wiped up the oily residue I found.
My Neutral light still wouldn't come on so I twisted the GPS firmly right or left (I forget which) and observed the green light came on.
I tighten it while holding it in place.

Without results..
1. Connection under tank looked not so good, so I did a 'brigde' without this connector.. Nothing. Strange 5-6volts on black/white cable on tachometer connector..
2. Checked the switch position gear, clean it.. Without result.. For free i got engine light on
:(
But i change oil to feel a little bit satisfaction..

Hello,

Also I saw that when I switch key on we have "check all lights" - neutral and fuel lights are also not working :/
I think this is a problem with "weak ground"..
All BLACK cables from tachometer are "ground" ? Maybe somebody have better electric diagram with switch position sensor, tachometer etc ?

Correct - I'm a "new one" :)
Thank you, I will check this issue today and write to you about some result.

Hello again,

Yesterday I checked black/white cable to tachometer and..:
- when I have neutral gear I have minus on this black/white cable
- when I have gear I have + on this black/white cable
So I think everything is ok but the light still not working. Any other idea ?

Back